This course is for those who would like to move from being a keen beginner to a competent intermediate photographer. Each week of the course will include both theory and practical exercises.
***To avoid a booking fee and pay by card, cheque or cash, please contact dot-art Services directly on 0345 017 6660***
Seven Wednesdays from 8th May 2019, 6:45pm – 9pm, and one full Saturday workshop (15th June), 11am – 5pm. £160 for the full course
Over the 8 weeks you will learn about:
- understanding and taking control of your camera
- mastering composition
- getting the right exposure
- working with colour
- working in black and white
- how different lenses and focal lengths affect your results
- working with different shutter speeds
- working with different apertures
- natural light and artificial light
To get the most from this course you will need your own digital camera which allows you to manually control aperture, shutter speed, ISO (sensitivity) and focus.
Tutor: Mark Reeves
The tutor is Wirral-based photographer Mark Reeves. Mark has been a photographer for many years, having worked with both film and digital processes. He has worked as a photo-journalist with work published in national newspapers and specialist magazines. In 2014 he was runner-up in the urban section of the prestigious Landscape Photographer of the Year award. He holds the Licentiate distinction from the Royal Photographic Society and regularly exhibits and sells his work at a range of different galleries.
Seven Wednesdays 6:45pm – 9pm and one full Saturday 11am – 5pm
8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th May (evenings)
5th, 12th, 19th June (evenings)
15th June (full day, 11am – 5pm)
Everyman Theatre, Room Ev3, 5-11 Hope St, Liverpool L1 9BH
The Everyman Theatre stands at the north end of Hope Street, Liverpool
£160 for 7 week course
*You can split this payment into two lots of £80, please ring 0345 017 6660 for more info.
You will need to bring your own DSLR camera with manual exposure settings, bridge cameras are also acceptable. If you have an instruction manual that came with your brand of camera, please bring this along.
- There are a maximum of 15 places available on each session, so early booking is essential.
- To avoid a booking fee and pay by card, cheque or cash, please contact dot-art Services directly on 0345 017 6660.