Venue: dot-art Darkroom
Dates: 15/02/2020 - 05/04/2020
Times: 10:00 - 16:00
Led by Rachel Brewster of Little Vintage Photography, this weekend workshop will take beginner photographers through the whole process of shooting and developing black and white film. Participants will be guided on a fun and relaxed photo walk followed by a day of processing your very own images in the darkroom. Suitable for complete beginners who are new to photo making.
***To avoid a booking fee and pay by card, cheque or cash, please contact dot-art Services directly on 0345 017 6660***
Two weekend slots available: 15 – 16 Feb & 4 – 5 April, 10am – 5pm (£150 for one weekend course)
In a small group, you will be guided through the whole process of film photography from shooting to developing your work. You will be taught each basic component and process of using darkroom equipment, culminating in creating your very own black and white photographs using Ilford chemicals and photographic paper provided by the tutor.
- Introduction & Health & Safety
- Loading & using your analogue camera
- Analogue photowalk around the beautiful and historic business quarter, focusing on exposure, composition and metering
- Mixing chemistry
- Processing your film
- Drying & cutting negatives
- Lightbox viewing & phone app inversion
- Questions & a brief outline of Day 2 (darkroom)
- Introduction to the room and materials & health & safety
- Different kinds of format
- Setting up the enlarger
- Making a contact print
- Making a test strip
- Creating the first print
- Using filters
- Dodging & Burning
- Creating your final prints
Tutor: Rachel Brewster-Wright
Rachel is a professional photographer and founder of Little Vintage Photography in Liverpool. She has expert knowledge in both analogue and digital photography and has taught a multitude of photography courses and workshops.
Winter Programme 2020 – two weekend slots available at £150 each:
Weekend 1: 15th and 16th Feb
Weekend 2: 4th and 5th April
The Cotton Exchange Building
Old Hall Street, (Ormond Street side), L3 9JR
£150 for 1 full day
You will need to bring your own film camera and roll of film (Ilford HP5+ film, 24 exposures is ideal – usually around £4.50 per roll).
All other chemicals and photographic papers will be provided on the day.
- There are a maximum of 3 places available on each session, so early booking is essential.
- To avoid a booking fee and pay by card, cheque or cash, please contact dot-art Services directly on 0345 017 6660.