The Reader: dot-art: Sketching in the Park
Venue: Calderstones Mansion House
Times: 11:00 - 17:00
Calderstones park is a stunning 94 acre park in South Liverpool boasting woodland, lakes and fields, a 1000 year old oak tree and beautiful Japanese and old English gardens.
This sketching session is a mixed ability class suitable for practising artists who want to experience drawing in this unique location or beginner’s looking to learn useful skills to help record and celebrate the world around them.
***To avoid a booking fee and pay by card, cheque or cash, please contact dot-art Services directly on 0345 017 6660***
Sunday 17 May 11:00 – 5pm £50 for 1 day workshop
- As a group, you will visit various parts of the park and choose different features to sketch, with demonstration and individual assistance from your tutor
- You will look at constructing landscapes; close-up observational drawings of natural forms such as trees, leaves and flowers; architectural features and how to deal with effects of light sources/dappling/shadows
- With your tutor you will discuss different approaches to your drawing, referencing a range of artists to provide context and pointers on how to deal with challenges
- You will do quick sketches capturing the essence of a subject as well as longer drawings focussing on detail
- Using coloured pencils to achieve colour variation and foundations for turning your sketches into paintings
- Group critique and feedback sessions
Tutor: Madeleine Pires
Spring/Summer Programme 2020, Sunday 17th May 2020, 11am-5pm
Calderstones Mansion House,
Liverpool L18 3JB
£50 for 1 day workshop
You will need to bring a set of drawing pencils, set of coloured pencils, erasers and an A4 or A3 sketch book.
Dress appropriately as you will be outside all day.
A large shopping bag or knapsack is ideal for transporting materials around the site. If desired you may want to bring a portable chair or blanket to sit on while sketching.
Feel free to bring a snack/lunch with you, although there is a cafe on site in the Mansion House. Accessible toilets are available.
There are a maximum of 15 places available on each session, so early booking is essential.
To avoid a booking fee and pay by card, cheque or cash, please contact dot-art Services directly on 0345 017 6660.
Cancellations / Refunds
Once you have made your course booking your are committed to it. This is because our courses have very small student numbers, and often sell-out and are unavailable to others. Therefore any cancellations may result in a place not being filled, or a course not being able to run.
Cancellations are permitted up to 30 days before the start of a course, and a full refund will be issued. Refunds will not be made for cancellations less than 30 days before the start of a course. If you are unable to attend due to illness, personal or professional commitments you do not have the right to a refund.
If you wish to cancel your place on a course that has not yet started and you have a friend or colleague who can take your place we can accommodate this substitution.