Venue: Make Liverpool
Times: 11:00 - 17:00
Learn the processes and techniques of multi-layered gel plate monoprinting in three single day workshops this winter.
***To avoid a booking fee and pay by card, cheque or cash, please contact dot-art Services directly on 0345 017 6660***
With everything done by hand you will use acrylic paints, a variety of stencils (both man-made and from nature), textured surfaces, masking and sgraffito techniques (scratching/drawing patterns into the paint) to develop your own sets of prints and eventually gift tags, envelopes and printed gift bags.
You will also learn about the process for making your own gel plates so that you can continue at home after the course.
– Introduction to using tools and sgraffito techniques for creating A5 gel plate monoprints
– Effective use of colour and different papers
– Using found items for textures and stencils
– Working with layers and building up your prints
– Using leaves as stencils
– Using mini gel plates as printing blocks
– Working with metallic paints
– Creating your own plastic stencils
– Creating bigger A4 prints
Using skills learned in workshops 1 and 2 to create
– gift tags
– Printed gift bags
– Greetings cards
– Decorated envelopes
Learn the process/ingredients for making your own gel plates
Make. North Docks, Unit 1, 34 Regent St, Liverpool L3 7BN
Winter Session: Saturdays from 23rd March 2019, 11am – 5pm
23rd, 30th March, 6th April
This workshop will be led by professional Liverpool artist, Bev Evans.
£125 for the workshop (must be booked in advance)
Please call 0345 017 6660 for more details and to book without additional fees.
Everything will be provided for you to use which includes gel plates, rollers, crafting materials and spray water bottles. Just bring an old t-shirt or an apron to protect your clothes from any mess!
- There are a maximum of 15 places available on the course, so early booking is essential.
- To avoid a booking fee and pay by card, cheque or cash, please contact dot-art Services directly on 0345 017 6660.
Cancellations / Refunds
Once you have made your course booking your are committed to it. This is because our courses have very small student numbers, and often sell-out and are unavailable to others. Therefore any cancellations may result in a place not being filled, or a course not being able to run.
Cancellations are permitted up to 30 days before the start of a course, and a full refund will be issued. Refunds will not be made for cancellations less than 30 days before the start of a course. If you are unable to attend due to illness, personal or professional commitments you do not have the right to a refund.
If you wish to cancel your place on a course that has not yet started and you have a friend or colleague who can take your place we can accommodate this substitution.