In this workshop participants will address key issues that arise for artists working within socially engaged practice when negotiating and submitting project contracts and tenders.
When: Tuesday 12th March 10:00 am — 4:00 pm
Where: Heart of Glass – See Map
Price: Free – Get Tickets Online
Working with contracts is the fifth workshop in a series of six practical artist professional development sessions for artists working within socially engaged practice, hosted by Heart of Glass in collaboration with Mark Devereux Projects. The sessions will take place in St Helens between November 2018 and April 2019. Find out more about this programme and Mark Devereux Projects here.
In Working with contracts, participants will address key issues that arise for artists working within socially engaged practice when negotiating and submitting project contracts and tenders. When working with various partners across sectors, it is important to ensure you are working to the correct terms and are able to negotiate a fair agreement. This workshop aims to increase your confidence, understanding, preparation, planning and skills to enable your project to be successful.
- Each workshop will be tailored to the participating artists’ key questions and concerns; providing information, advice and guidance alongside open discussions and peer-to-peer sharing.
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Workshop lunches will be hosted by a different member of the Heart of Glass staff/associate artist team to provide informal networking opportunities and access to staff expertise where relevant.
- Whilst primarily aimed at artists working within socially engaged practice, artists working within other mediums are also welcome.
- Sessions can be booked individually or as a whole programme at a discounted rate.
Heart of Glass, Old Beecham’s Building, Water Street, St Helens, WA10 1PP
10am – 4pm
Individual sessions: £25 per session (£10 concession for students & St Helens based artists) All 6 sessions: £135 (£54 conc.)
Heart of Glass is proud to be based in St Helens and is keen to support the development of artists living and working in the St Helens Borough. All artists with a St Helens postcode are eligible for a concessionary ticket rate.
If you require access support to attend a workshop please be in touch with us via email@example.com or on 01744 623290 so we can arrange this for you.
We are now delighted to offer a limited number of travel bursaries (up to £50 per individual, per session) to support attendance. Bursaries may be used to contribute towards the cost of travel and/or childcare costs. All artists attending (including those who have already booked tickets) are eligible to apply. Priority will be given to those who would otherwise be unable to attend. Those wishing to apply for a travel bursary should send the following information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday 8th November 2018:
- Amount applied for (up to £50 per individual, per session)
- Brief explanation (200 words max) of how the bursary will support attendance
- Breakdown of costs
Travel bursaries will be paid after attendance, and on receipt of proof of expenditure.