Times: 11:30 - 17:00
Explore and investigate a broad range of traditional and contemporary painting processes and practices, focusing on the use of oils, with renowned artist and experienced teacher Richard Meaghan. Suitable for intermediate painters wanting to try oils or polish up on exisiting skills.
***To avoid a booking fee and pay by card, cheque or cash, please contact dot-art Services directly on 0345 017 6660***
More info & booking available here
Sunday 25th November 2018, 11:30am – 5pm (£75 for 1 Day)
On this intensive one day course you will learn the core techniques needed for oil painting. Whether your a good acrylic painter wanting to try oils, or an intermediate oils artist wanting to further your skills, this small teaching environment will give you an excellent opportunitiy to receive valuable one-on-one feedback throughout the day.
Using a Still Life as a starting point we will investigate:
- Composition and Drawing
- Understanding Colour (Isolating colour, mixing and matching colour)
- Indirect and Direct painting techniques (Imprimatura, underpainting, grisaille, all prima and bracketing)
- An introduction to Glazing
There will be a mixture of theory and practical exercises and you will pick up a few secrets from the Old Masters along the way.
Tutor: Richard Meaghan
Professional artist Richard is currently based in a studio at Metal in Liverpool. He studied Fine Art at Staffordshire university, and on graduating, was awarded a travel grant to study Renaissance Art in Italy. The resulting work was awarded first prize in the Sefton Open, followed shortly with his first solo Public exhibition at the Atkinson Art gallery, Southport.
Meaghan was chosen as one of three emerging artists to exhibit alongside Turner Prize winners Chris Ofili and Keith Tyson in ‘Exposed- Art and Culture in England’s North West’ and was shortlisted for the Liverpool Art Prize in 2009. He has exhibited widely both nationally and internationally and has future exhibitions planned for Liverpool, London, Copenhagen, Denmark, Berlin, Germany and Brussels, Belgium.
Sunday 25th November, 2018
11:30am – 5pm
Bluecoat, School Lane, Liverpool, L1 3BX
Situated in the centre of Liverpool, just behind Church Street, down Church Alley and in front of Liverpool ONE. You can enter the building via the front courtyard off School Lane, or through the garden at the back off College Lane. Nearest train station- Liverpool Central.
£75 for the 1 Day class
You can book without Eventbrite booking fees by calling dot-art on 0345 017 6660.
You will need to provide your own materials to make the most out if this class, a full list will be provided 2-3 weeks before the start of the course.
- Oil paints set (try to avoid cheaper own branded oil paints as they do not contain enough pigment to mix well)
- Palette knife (only need one but welcome to bring different sizes if you have them)
- Palette pad – not essential, can use paper or an old board instead
- Refined Linseed oil
- Brushes (Filbert sizes 4,6 & 8 and #1 round)
- A3 oil pad
- There are a maximum of 10 places available on the course, so early booking is essential.
- To avoid a booking fee and pay by card, cheque or cash, please contact dot-art Services directly on 0345 017 6660.