Williamson Tunnels: dot-art, Sketching in the Tunnels
Venue: Williamson Tunnels
Times: 10:00 - 13:00
Sketching in the Tunnels
by dot-art Services
The Williamson Tunnels are a unique historical architectural feature of Liverpool. This sketching session is a mixed ability class suitable for experienced artists who want to experience drawing in this unique location or beginners looking to learn useful skills to help record the world around you.
- Looking at different ways of drawing architecture
- Using tonal drawing to deal with lighting effects
- Experimenting with different materials for dealing with effects of light
- We will talk about approaches to your drawing referencing different artists to provide context and pointers on how to approach the problems involved.
- Quick drawing exercises about creating thumbnails sketches and planning out a tonal scheme.
- Tips on getting believable Architectural proportions and establishing a sense of scale in drawing. Then different ways of rendering the effects of light in tone.
- Long drawings.
- Group critique and feedback sessions
Please bring pencils, erasers and an A3 sketch book.
The tutor will provide additional materials to experiment with.
Dress appropriately as the site is a working excavation and can get quite chilly!
Feel free to bring a drink with you as there are no facilities on site, but no food please.
Winter Session: Sunday 25th March, 10am – 1pm
The Williamson Tunnels, Paddington, L7 3RG
£25 for the 3 hour class.
- There are a maximum of 15 places available on the course, so early booking is essential.
- To avoid a booking fee and pay by card, cheque or cash, please contact dot-art Services directly on 0345 017 6660