Hope Street Ltd: dot-art: Portrait Drawing (10 Week Course)
Venue: Hope Street Limited
Times: 19:45 - 21:00
Portrait Drawing (10 Week Course)
Learn the fundamentals of drawing characterful portraits in this 10 week course led by tutor Kathy Dereli.
***To avoid a booking fee and pay by card, cheque or cash, please contact dot-art Services directly on 0345 017 6660***
Tuesdays 6.45pm-9pm starting 9th May 2017 (£160 for 10 sessions)
Starting from the basics, your tutor will provide exercises and tuition to help you improve your portrait drawing or help get you started. Suitable for beginners.
Weekly Lesson Plan
1. Materials and introduction to line drawing
2. Tonal drawing
3. Anatomy and structure
4. The face from different angles
5. Portrait from life
7. Lighting and shading (planes of the face)
8. Focus on the features
9. Long portrait 1 from life – blocking in
10. Long portrait 2 from life – rendering in tone
Tutor: Kathy Dereli
Kathy is trained in traditional techniques in drawing and sculpture which she uses to create well-crafted artworks with a modern sensibility. She has lead classes and demonstrations in both disciplines for several years.
Spring Session 2017, Tuesday evenings from 6.45-9pm
9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th May
6th, 13th, 20th June
4th, 11th, 18th July
Hope Street Ltd, 76-78 Lord Street, Liverpool, L1 1TL
£160 for the 10 week course (full course must be booked in advance)
It is possible to split this cost into two payments of £80, please call 0345 017 6660 for more details.
Please bring a selection of pencils (H, HB, B as a starting point) and A3 paper (cartridge paper or rag paper is best). Some basic materials will be provided.
- There are a maximum of 15 places available on the course, so early booking is essential.
- To avoid a booking fee and pay by card, cheque or cash, please contact dot-art Services directly on 0345 017 6660.