Blackburne House: Blackfest Healing Day / Hit the Ground Workshop with Lateisha Davine
Venue: Blackburne House
Times: 14:00 - 19:00
Our Healing Day – a chance fo the community to come together, network, view and shop local businesses at our stalls. Lush will also be with us on the day!
Open to everyone of all ages and free entry. See Facebook event page for stall holder information and programme.
We also have limited spaces for our “Hit the Ground Workshop” with Lateisha Davine, running alongside the event. Lateisha has brought her unique and inspirational workshop approach to socially engaged theatre’s, activists spaces and charities the like: Cardboard Citizens, The Advocacy Academy, 999 Club Homelessness Centre, The Yard Theatre, BAC, The Lowry, DIY Space For London and Barbican.
The Hit The Ground Workshop will include:
- Meditation: intention setting, visualisation
- Somatic ritual: movement, impulse work, contact improvisation, ensemble
- Writing: conscious Freewriting, self-writing, poetry
- Sharing, Listening, Speaking from the place of ‘I’
HIT THE GROUND workshops are rooted in Afro-Diasporic spiritual principles of Oneness and Upliftment. To nurture ourselves as the foundations for a more connected, free and decolonised world.
Embodying social justice techniques through applied creative frameworks.
The Low Down:
- Workshops will be an inclusive, anti-oppressive, safe-space. For collective growth to happen, we must create mutual recognition across lines of race, sexuality, religion, disability, class and other socially constructed identifiers, categories and communities.
- All levels of skill/ experience are encouraged and welcome (over 18’s only)
- Wear comfortable clothes and bring good vibes!