Youth Co-ordinator – Fixed term contract, Link4Life
- Closes 12th November 2017
- Location Rochdale
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£20k-25k pro rata)
- Contact email@example.com
We are looking to appoint a part-time Youth Coordinator (0.4 FTE / 14.48 hours) on pay band 4 £20, 604 (pro rata for part time hours) to assist and support the Museum Curator and Collections Manager at Touchstones Rochdale in the delivery of a Heritage Lottery Funded youth project, That Festival Feeling. The post holder will lead on the development; management and delivery of the youth engagement programme within the Arts & Heritage Service and ensure the delivery of the project outcomes. This is a fixed term post until May 2019.
An important aim of the role is to engage specific youth groups with the key themes of the project, ensuring that young people feel a sense of ownership of their heritage. They must work with groups to develop an exhibition, events and other activities related to the music festival heritage that the project is based around, as well as the wider aims of Touchstones Rochdale. They should increase service users across the Borough through the creation of events as set out in the HLF project plan. They will oversee the collection of oral histories about music festivals and the use of these within the exhibition which will open in 2018.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification.
- Experience of working with young people or youth groups.
- An interest in and knowledge of heritage.
- Experience of collecting, recording and editing oral histories with community groups.
- Experience of programming and/or producing a range of exhibitions or community events.
- Ability to project manage.
- Ability to use a wide range of ICT including social media.
- Flexible approach to work (some evening and weekend work will be required)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU!
Link4Life are committed to being an employer of choice and offer competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits, including access to:
- Childcare vouchers
- Company sick pay
- Local Government pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free use of our leisure facilities
- Learning and career development opportunities
To apply for this post please complete an application form which can be found at https://link4life.org/jobs