Deadline: midday on Wednesday November 2015.
We are currently seeking two Volunteer Trainees to support the curatorial team in preparation for Liverpool Biennial 2016, as well as to support the significant year-round programme. Voluntary Curatorial Traineeships typically last for three months (three days per week) and specific activities and learning include:
- Supporting the team to keep paper and electronic files related to artists and their commissions up to date and in good order.
- Conducting research and collating information on artists for the curatorial team, including press, marketing, grant applications and general archival purposes.
- Conducting research and collating information on possible sites and venues for the public realm artworks.
- In consultation with the Curatorial Team, booking accommodation and travel where applicable for artists, speakers and curators, and assisting with research visits.
- Assisting with the technical, logistical and administrative aspects of developing and delivering the year-round public programme.
- Liaising with various external contacts including artists, galleries and institutions, in order to obtain information required for the research and preparation of 2016 Biennial as well as the year-round public programme, as required.
Internships at Liverpool Biennial are unpaid and are classed as voluntary work, however we do make reimbursement for travel to and from work, and also pay a meal allowance. Total reimbursement is £15 per day.
If you are passionate about contemporary art and would like to be considered for a traineeship, please send your CV with a covering letter of application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midday on 25 November 2015. Interviews will be held on the afternoon of 7 December 2015. We are looking for two trainees to start as soon as possible, however we run a year-round programme of traineeships, so we will also consider applications for February and May start dates. Please indicate in your cover letter which start date you are applying for.
Please ensure that you put CURATORIAL TRAINEESHIP 2015 as the subject title for your email, and make your cover letter an attachment rather than an integral part of the email.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Visit the Liverpool Biennial website for further details.