Voluntary Treasurer, Cartwheel Arts
- Closes 23rd May 2019
- Type Part time (trustee)
- Salary Unpaid
- Contact Lucy Holland email@example.com
We are recruiting for a voluntary Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees.
Cartwheel Arts is one of the leading participatory arts companies in the North West. The charity has an impressive track record in devising and delivering vivid, highly acclaimed and successful projects which bring communities together, break down barriers, and build capacity, promoting a sense of ownership and pride www.cartwheelarts.org.uk
We call this Art for a Reason.
Whether you’re an experienced Trustee or wanting to take your first step at Board level, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Treasurer who has:
• Experience or knowledge of accounting or book-keeping
• Good numeracy skills
• The ability to interpret and present information clearly
• Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort over a minimum commitment of 3 years
• Previous experience of the third / culture sector would be idea
As a Trustee, you will have:
- Induction, training and reimbursable expenses
- Opportunities to make strategic decisions and develop new skills
- Opportunities to network with senior professionals
- Influence to shape innovative projects
- The chance to improve health and wellbeing of people and communities
The expected time commitment is five Trustee meetings per year, held in Heywood, Greater Manchester from 6-8pm, one full strategy day and some ad-hoc committee work.
Our current Treasurer, Charlie Morrison says:
‘Cartwheel Arts is an ambitious company with an incredibly dedicated team and board of trustees. It has been a real pleasure to play a part in supporting them – Cartwheel’s projects make a huge difference to the people they work with.’
Deadline for applications: 23rd May 2019 Interviews: 6th June 2019
For an application pack, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal chat, please contact our Director, Rick Walker on 01706 361300