Trustee Opportunities, The Atkinson Development Trust, Southport
Be at the heart of The Atkinson
The Atkinson Development Trust is a small charity, run by a committed group of skilled volunteers who have a shared love of The Atkinson in Southport.
We are looking to recruit some new Trustees to join our Board.
What we do
We raise money – from individuals, businesses and funding bodies – in order to support The Atkinson to use its heritage and art collections to connect with people. We aim to:
- have a positive impact on local people’s lives
- connect people with local stories
- improve access to the collections and the buildingHow we workWe meet monthly, usually from 5-7pm, either at The Atkinson or Southport Town Hall.Our meetings have an informal atmosphere. We want people to actively participate, be heard and feel valued for their knowledge and ideas. As well as attending meetings regularly, Trustees need to be willing to take on some individual responsibility outside the Trust’s meetings to advance ideas which the Trust have agreed to.We work supportively with The Atkinson to expand and enhance their work. We do not work directly with beneficiaries and we do not influence the programming or running of the venue.What we’re looking forTrustees who will contribute the energy, enthusiasm and expertise we need to grow and thrive. We welcome applications from people from all walks of life to bring a variety of perspectives and skills. We’re currently looking for people with skills / experience in:
- • Fundraising
• The arts and heritage sector
• Law, including charity law
• Marketing or Social Media
• Project Management
- • Fundraising
- Interested?For information on how to apply, a full role description, or to arrange an informal chat, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you.We think being a Trustee is rewarding, but please note this is a completely voluntary, unpaid role.
For the full Trustee Information pack please visit https://www.theatkinson.co.uk/2021/04/vacancies-tadt/
The deadline for applications is Monday 17th May 2021 at 5pm.