Gallery & Events Volunteer, The Turnpike
- Closes 30th January 2020
- Type Part time (volunteer)
- Salary Unpaid
- Contact Hannah Gaunt firstname.lastname@example.org
The Turnpike is a contemporary art gallery in the heart of Leigh, Greater Manchester.
Volunteers have the opportunity to gain new skills and insight into the arts, through a varied and flexible role:
- Welcoming visitors to The Turnpike, being present in our exhibition space and ensuring visitors have the best possible experience.
- Supporting events by engaging directly with staff, freelance artists and families visiting The Turnpike.*
- Supporting the production of community-led events, including concerts, performances and workshops.
Why Volunteer with us?
We’re The Turnpike – we have an exciting and ambitious programme of high quality exhibitions, events and workshops.
We’re supportive – we have a strong track record of supporting volunteers to find further employment or work experience to help them progress towards their creative or career goals.
We value volunteers – we can reimburse travel expenses and provide free training.
We are flexible – some volunteers support us regularly, others provide support whenever they can or even remotely.
We are friendly – we are creating new social opportunities and events for the volunteer team.
Volunteering is a flexible way to gain experience in an art gallery, whether you are interested in pursuing a career in the arts, or just looking to experience new things! We are looking for individuals who are excited about The Turnpike’s mission to open up cultural opportunities in Leigh. This opportunity is open to all people over 18yrs of age, regardless of race, gender identity, sexuality, health, disability, neurodiversity or personal circumstances.
*Volunteers working on our programme for families and young people maybe be subject to a DBS clearance check. All volunteers receive Safeguarding training.
If you would like to find out more get in touch!