Event & Workshop Volunteers, Make Stuff
- Closes 30th March 2017
- Type Part time (voluntary worker)
- Contact Sarah Unwin firstname.lastname@example.org
After a successful tour of events in 2016 Make Stuff is hitting the road again this January and we would like you to be a part of it. Do you love getting creative? Or getting hands-on with tech? Want to learn new skills, or gain events experience? Then we’d love to hear from you.
About Make Stuff
Make Stuff is MadLab’s ‘tech roadshow’; a series of pop-up events encouraging hands-on, immediate interaction with technology. Each stop of the tour focuses on a series of drop-in workshops such as an introduction to the Arduino board, virtual reality experiences, soldering light-up LED badges, and sewing circuits into clothing with conductive thread.
MadLab is a grassroots innovation organisation and the most active makerspace in the UK. Our primary areas of focus are science, technology, arts and culture. We support a diverse range of communities and activities – from monthly meetups and courses through to public experimentation with new & emerging technologies, and collaborating with others to deliver new, interesting and exciting projects.
We’re looking for Event Assistants, Marketing Assistants and Workshop Assistants. Full training provided and all expenses are reimbursed.
Confirmed event dates are as follows:
- Salford Quays – Sat 28th Jan
- Touchstones Rochdale – Sat 11th Feb
- Trafford St Johns Centre – Mon 13th Feb
- Gallery Oldham – Fri 17th Feb
- Stockport Central Library – Saturday 18th Feb
- Bury Art Museum & Sculpture Centre – Tue 21st Feb
- Portland Basin Museum, Ashton – Wed 22nd Feb
- The Museum of Wigan Life – Sat 4th March
- Manchester City Centre – Dates TBC
- Bolton – Dates TBC
To apply complete the application form at makestuff.madlab.org.uk
Please note, we are recruiting volunteers on a rolling basis but we ask for you to get in touch asap if you are interested.
Any questions please email: email@example.com or call 0161 839 63 23