Diversity Action Group Co-opted Members, Liverpool Everyman and Playhouse Theatres
- Closes 4th September 2020
- Type Part time (trustee)
- Salary Unpaid
- Contact Victoria Adlard firstname.lastname@example.org
e&P is a local artistic force with national significance and an international reputation. We are driven by our passion for our art-form, our love of our city and our unswerving belief that theatre at its best can transform lives.
We are now looking for four individuals to join our newly-established Diversity Action Group (DAG) as co-opted members.
The purpose of the DAG is to:
- advise the Liverpool & Merseyside Theatres Trust (LMTT) Board on matters pertaining to Diversity, Equality, Inclusion and Social Justice
- consider appropriate initiatives to progress work that promotes Equality, Inclusion and Social Justice and make recommendations to the LMTT Board accordingly
- review specific aspects of Diversity, Equality, Inclusion and Social Justice where the LMTT Board requires additional scrutiny and assurance.
We are specifically interested in hearing from:
- individuals from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds with experience in theatre making
- individuals from Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds with experience in delivering initiatives which further Diversity, Equality, Inclusion and Social Justice in Liverpool
The DAG will meet bi-monthly (i.e. every second month) for a year from September 2020 and meetings will generally be two hours in length.
Co-opted members will be paid an honorarium for their involvement based on e&P’s daily freelancer rate (currently £175 per day), pro-rata’d to reflect time commitment. While meetings initially will be conducted virtually, some meetings may happen in person. In these cases, travel expenses will be paid for co-opted members.
Co-opted members will serve on the working group for one year only.
We are keen for the DAG to reflect the diversity of the communities which we serve, and welcome interest from individuals who can bring their unique perspective from different backgrounds, behaviours, personality, artistic tastes, life experiences and beliefs. We particularly encourage Expressions of Interest from people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, disabled people and from people under the age of 40 and seek gender parity (i.e. at least 50% female).
More information can be found at: https://www.everymanplayhouse.com/diversity-action-group