We are looking for a Chair to lead and direct the Board of Trustees during an exciting phase of development and artistic vision, leading towards the integration of the whole building as one organisation in 2028.
Here at FACT, our mission is to enrich lives and shape the future through Film, Art and Creative Technology. Key to this mission is our role as an international centre for artistic excellence and a hub for the local community.
The purpose of this role is to ensure the Board fulfils its duties and responsibilities for the proper governance of FACT Liverpool, in compliance with charity and company law and any other relevant legislation, and to support the Chief Executive of FACT Liverpool and ensure the Board works in partnership with staff to achieve the aims of the organisation.
DOWNLOAD RECRUITMENT PACK > Chair of the Board of Trustees
● Lead the Board of FACT Liverpool, giving strategic direction to the Board and executive team to ensure that the organisation has a clear vision and mission, that these are followed, and that its objectives and activities remain true to its mission and values.
● Ensure that FACT Liverpool applies its resources appropriately and exclusively in pursuing its objectives as defined in its governing document.
● Ensure the Board has on it the skills to govern FACT Liverpool to the highest possible standards of governance.
● Ensure the Board of Trustees review regularly and approve the organisation’s strategies and policies.
● Ensure FACT Liverpool has appropriate policies, risk management processes, accounting procedures, and internal controls and systems – and that these are audited and reviewed within all regulatory and legal requirements.
● Ensure the annual cycle of governance meetings (Board, AGM and Finance Subcommittee) is planned and followed.
● Chair all Board meetings.
● Monitor implementation of decisions and actions taken at Board meetings.
● Appoint sub committees with the approval of the Board and delegate functions as necessary, monitoring progress with the Chief Executive. Attend and be a member of other committees or working groups as appropriate.
● Represent the organisation at appropriate events and meetings.
● Advocate for FACT Liverpool with supporters and stakeholders and act as a spokesperson for the organisation where appropriate.
● Keep informed about the activities of FACT Liverpool and wider issues which affect its work.
● Regularly attend exhibitions and events.
● Act as line manager to the Chief Executive, including briefing, appraisal, support and general discussion. Appoint the Chief Executive when the post becomes vacant.
● Ensure that FACT Liverpool has a strong and effective fundraising and income generation function and that the Board understands, supports and contributes to the fundraising and income generation.
● Act as final stage adjudicator for disciplinary and grievance procedures, if required.
All Trustees should use their specific skills, knowledge or experience to help the Board of Trustees reach informed decisions in the best interest of FACT Liverpool. This will involve scrutinising Board papers, leading discussions and providing guidance as requested by the Board on new initiatives or other issues relevant to the area of FACT Liverpool’s work in which the trustee has special expertise.
SALARY & HOURS OF WORK
Hours of Work: Approximately 100 hours per year.
HOW TO APPLY
FACT is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. We are open to proposals of co-chairs. To apply, please complete the following two forms:
Application Form – Please label the attached files as: Your Name_CV and Your Name_CoverLetter_Job Title
If you would like an informal conversation about the role, please contact Christine Kinsella, Executive Assistant, at christine.kinsella @ fact.co.uk.
Closing date: 25 July 2022, 23:59.