Deadline: Friday 23 October 2015. Paid, Part time.
The Greater Manchester Arts Officer Network (GMAON) are seeking to appoint a consultant to complete an evaluation of activity delivered via the Greater Manchester Strategic Arts Fund (GMSAF) and deliver a report on this.
The GMSAF is supported by Arts Council England and the Association of Greater Manchester Authorities. The fund is managed by GMAON which is a unique network within the UK, bringing together local art development services and cultural trusts from across the ten districts of Greater Manchester.
The fund facilitates commissions for artist and community driven contemporary arts projects targeting hard to reach communities. Activity is delivered in each of the 10 districts of Greater Manchester.
GMAON are now looking for a consultant to:
- Identify a suitable evaluation approach. This approach must be able to generate advocacy content at a local level (i.e. for each of the ten Local Authority partners) as well as at a broader strategic level
- Identify to what extent activity has met the original aims of the programme
- Assess the impact that the delivered activity has had against targets, these include; economic, skills and employability and social outputs
- Create a dynamic, robust report that can be used as an advocacy document. The audience for the document will be funders, senior local authority staff and elected members
- The work will involve desk based research, including a review of all reports and monitoring returns.
The consultant will have the following skills and experience
- A track record in evaluating cultural projects
- An understanding of the regional cultural infrastructure
- Knowledge of the ability of arts and culture to deliver socio-economic impact
- First rate copy-writing skills
Applicants should provide the following information
- A CV
- Details of experience related to the work required
- A methodology for approaching the work with associated timeline
- A full breakdown of costs and expenses
- The budget for the work is £8,000
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on the 10th of November.