Deadline: Monday 23 May 2016.
Specialist Technician – Museums
Job Number: LANCS05425
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Schedule Type: Full Time
Working Hours: 37 per week
Salary: 17372 – 19742 GBP Year
Closing Date: 23-05-2016
About the Role
Lancashire Conservation Studios (LCS) is part of the Museum Service which provides specialist support to LCC museums at 18 heritage sites across Lancashire. The LCS team consists of three multidisciplinary sections; Technicians, Conservators, & Designers.
For further information and discussion of this role please contact : Heather Davis on 01772 534070 or email@example.com
The specialist technician role includes :
• Installing exhibitions and displays.
• Creating bespoke Perspex mounts for museum objects
• Undertaking the restoration of furniture & frames
• Creating bespoke frames for museum objects
• Arranging packing, handling and movement of collections
• Undertaking training for staff(internal & External) & volunteers
• Undertake specialist maintenance at 18 LCC Museum sites
• Create & install the structures of the permanent galleries
• Promote Lancashire heritage through talks and tours.
LCS is working toward 100% full cost recovery through the provision of our specialist services to clients.
Our external clients are from museums and galleries across the country but we also work for private organisations, universities, local authorities and individuals. Experience in estimating & quoting for work is desired as are good communication skills and working with heritage organisations.
Lancashire County Council as an equal opportunities employer intends that no job applicant or employee will receive less favourable treatment because of their age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief unless this can be objectively justified.
Lancashire County Council has agreed a Code of Conduct and Statement of Ethical Standards that outline the behavioural and ethical standards that must be upheld by its employees and casual workers. If you are appointed, you will be required to accept these provisions on appointment.
For full details, visit the website.