Socially Engaged Artist, Ground Up
- Closes 14th November 2018
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£25k-30k pro rata)
- Contact Rachel Hawthorn firstname.lastname@example.org
CALLING ALL SOCIALLY ENGAGED ARTISTS
Ground Up are seeking a down-to-earth, community-led, socially engaged artist to collaborate with us to produce a festival event in Burnley in March 2019. This is will be the culmination of our Awards for All funded “Inspirational Burnley” project.
The brief is very open – we would like someone who can facilitate our group to bring forward our ideas of what we want to celebrate within our town and our community. We want an experienced artist with a strong community-led ethos who will have worked with groups similar to ours in the past.
The artist will lead and collaborate with us on:
- regular sessions at Burnley Mechanics 1 – 3pm on Thursdays, beginning on 3rdJanuary until 28thMarch 2019
- an inspirational trip to somewhere within a day-visit reach of Burnley
- delivery of a festival-type event in March 2019, date and location (within Burnley) yet to be decided
- post event evaluation activity
- documentation of the project
The fee for this project is £2,000 to include all sessions, events, and travel expenses plus some materials. There may be a small extra budget available for further materials and/or evaluation/documentation.
For infomation on how to apply please download the full brief HERE.
If you would like any further information please contact Rachel Hawthorn email@example.com