- Location: Liverpool (Baltic Triangle)
- Contract terms: Full-time, permanent
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Reporting to: Head of Rights Management, Rights Management Team Manager
- Application instructions: Please submit your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com with email subject line “Rights Assistant” by Thursday 25th July 9.00am.
Company & Recruitment Background
Sentric Music is a rapidly growing music publishing company with 70+ employees based across our offices in Liverpool, London, Hamburg, Mallorca, New York and LA. The company handles copyright and royalty administration for a large client base consisting of songwriters, record labels and music catalogue owners.
Our friendly Rights Management team are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Rights Assistant to provide a first-class service to our clients. Based in the creative Baltic Triangle area of Liverpool, the Rights Assistant will act as a first point of contact for artists utilising Sentric Music’s publishing platform, and administer the copyrights on behalf of these artists.
If you have a passion for music, have great communication skills and would enjoy diving into copyright data, this is your unique opportunity to join Sentric Music at an exciting phase of significant growth.
|We are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the community it serves at all levels of the organisation. We therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion and sexual orientation.|
- Act as first point of contact for Sentric Music’s artists via telephone, email and Live Chat. Ensure that all queries are brought to a timely resolution, involving specialised teams as required.
- Act as a point person for queries regarding copyright and musical work registrations for the wider team.
- Assist high-profile clients with the ingestion of works into Sentric Music’s publishing platform.
- Administer Sentric Music’s ever-increasing database of musical work registrations, verifying that work details are accurate and preparing registrations for submission to Performance Rights Organisations (PRO) across the world.
- Make manual work registrations directly at global PRO’s online portals where required.
- Assist with compiling work codes for works linked to terminated publishing agreements.
- Ingest PRO’s work acknowledgement files to Sentric Music’s publishing platform to ensure that artists are made aware when their works have been successfully registered globally.
- Utilise PRO’s online platforms to claim income for artists’ unpaid performances, radio and TV broadcasts.
- Administer copyright disputes liaising with artists and other publishers to reach a resolution within PRO’s deadlines.
Rights Management & Client Management Support
- Assist with special projects initiated by the wider Rights Management team division, Client Managers and Head of Rights Management, ensuring a qualitative and timely resolution of assigned project tasks.
- Assist the Royalty Team during key points throughout Sentric Music’s royalty distribution cycles.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent higher education course (preferably within the fields of Music, Business Studies or Creative Industries).
- Previous work experience in a music organisation and/or administrative role is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel is meriting.
- Knowledge of publishing and copyright is highly meriting.
- Good organisational skills, the ability to structure and make relevant priorities of own workload.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure at peak times.
- Interest and knowledge of the music scene and associated industry, with a strong enthusiasm for emerging artists.
- Personable with strong verbal and written communication skills to be able to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and a drive to be accurate and thorough at all times.
- Analytical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- High level of numeracy is essential.
- Positive, can-do attitude and happy working both within a team as well as independently.
- Must have the right to work in the UK, otherwise application will not be considered.