Deadline: Friday 14 August 2015. 6 months Paid internship, Full time
We are looking for someone with a strong interest in the visual arts and a confident maker, who also has a positive, enthusiastic attitude to working. This might be in animation, textiles or 3D design. They will need to be someone who is happy to take instruction and to generally help out with whatever is being worked on, and also comfortable working by themselves. They will need to be willing and interested in working with children and families in workshop situations, and also be happy to assist with administrative tasks when necessary.
The arts team assistant will:
- Support the arts team in general workshop practice, helping maintain the workshop, rehearsal and theatre spaces at the Boo.
- Assist and shadow the Artistic Directors in all aspects of making and designing the elements of Horse + Bamboo’ work learning skills in modelling, dressing and detailing.
- Help our Building and Technical Manager, when necessary in technical production areas and in the preparation and support for our monthly events at the Boo for the Family Programme
- Work with Bob Frith helping with the Different Moons project which is being undertaken with the local communities of people from a south Asian background. This will include supporting community workshops related to the project, likely to be in animation, textiles and poetry.
- Take part in the running of other small-scale workshops with community and school groups, to support our touring productions in Pennine Lancashire, particularly Baby Boo, a project specially designed for preschoolers and their families.
How to apply:
Please send a letter explaining why you are interested in this position and explaining your relevant experience. Please also include a basic CV listing qualifications and work experience.
Email completed applications to email@example.com
Closing date: 14th August 2015
For full details, visit the website: http://www.horseandbamboo.org/opportunities/