Producer, Trans Creative
- Closes 5th April 2019
- Type Full time
- Salary Paid (£20k-25k)
- Contact Jessica Wiehler email@example.com
Trans Creative is a pioneering trans arts company, founded and directed by award winning Kate O’Donnell, making fabulous trans art, because there isn’t enough of it! We’re based in the North and we’re here to change the world – one trans story at a time. We make award-winning theatre and curate the spectacular annual trans arts festival, Trans Vegas, where trans people get to tell their own stories and be visible on their own terms.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic producer to come on board right now to develop our ongoing programme and specifically our next Tran Vegas festival 2019. The festival will be five fabulous days of theatre, conversation, film, opera, new talent, dancing, social media activity, plus free wellbeing workshops.
We need someone who:
- has producing experience, ideally multi venue, and is able to work in Manchester
- would be happy to work alongside our small but talented team and partners across all aspects of the festival – programming, artist management, audience development, community outreach, financial management and ensuring we evaluate as we go
- can start right away
- is a great communicator – in person and online
- has worked with different communities and knows a bit about working with volunteers
- is excited to be working on the UK’s only trans led arts festival
The festival dates are 28th June – 4th July 2019, so work starts now – exact days and hours to be negotiated with the right candidate, but things will be very busy in the immediate run up to and during the festival itself.
Specific tasks will include but are not limited to support on contract preparation, scheduling, artist, community and venue liaison, budget support, audience development, marketing and collation/input of material for Trans Creative website.
Fee: £ 5,000 in total
Please send CV and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 5th April 2019.
Trans Creative is funded by ACE.