Produce for Preston
Produce for Preston is a new scheme being launched by Preston City Council to provide volunteering opportunities within the events and cultural sector. Volunteers on the scheme will assist with PCC’s year-long events programme, beginning with the new Harris Live programme in February and March: www.prestonguildcity.co.uk/harrislive. Other events will include Egg Rolling, summer events in the city centre and parks, and the biennial arts festival for Lancashire, Lancashire Encounter.
The role will involve practical levels of responsibility including front of house, marketing activities, artist liaison, and collecting evaluation information. We will also work with youth-led organisation Blaze to facilitate opportunities for volunteers to produce their own events to contribute to the future of PCC’s events programme.
Candidates must have an interest in the events and cultural sector and be willing to commit to volunteering at a number of events throughout the year. Some relevant experience is desirable, but enthusiasm and commitment is much more important as training will be provided. In return for their time, volunteers will be offered training opportunities through Blaze, a reference and an enviable opportunity to gain valuable work experience.
If you are interested in applying, please first read the attached role outline. Then complete the online application: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/WRD2TWY. The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 10th February 2017.
Candidates will need to be available to attend the selection event which will be held on Friday 10 February in Preston. Please note that due to insurance restrictions this role is only open to those aged 18 and over on 1 February 2017. If you have any questions, or you are not yet 18 but would like to register your interest for the future, please email Lizzie at firstname.lastname@example.org
To get a flavour of the events and activities running throughout the year visit: www.prestonguildcity.co.uk/visit/culture.
For more information please email email@example.com
Apply here: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r
As a member of the Produce for Preston team, your role will be to represent Preston City Council as the producer of events:
- Welcoming the public and being the professional and friendly face of Preston at events
- Liaising with venue staff and assisting with front of house duties such as checking tickets, directing people to performances and meeting and greeting
- Signposting and responding to enquiries
- Assisting with health and safety and reporting any issues
- Acting as liaison between the artist, venue and event organiser
- Helping to set up and manage the performance space and backstage areas
- Looking after artists and responding to their requests
- Stewarding performances to ensure the public and artists are safe
Marketing and evaluation
- Creating a buzz about events and venues
- Contribute to marketing activities e.g. distributing leaflets and posters
- Collecting feedback and completing evaluation forms with audience members
- Work with Blaze to explore opportunities to plan future events
- Shape aspects of Preston City Council’s events programme going forward
- Being full of ideas and enthusiasm for an exciting future