The Newbridge Project invite artists to apply for Practice makes Practice – Residency, a one-month residency opportunity that will provide artists with time and space to reflect on their practice within an active and engaged community of artists. The residency aims to instil a spirit of collaboration, collectivity and exchange to generate peer learning, critical conversation and social interaction.
This residency forms part of Practice makes Practice, an artist development programme run by artists for artists based at The NewBridge Project. During the residency, the selected artist in residence will be asked to input into the wider Practice makes Practice programme through instigating events, workshops or talks informed by their practice, feeding into their professional development and that of The Newbridge Project members. A small budget for travel and fees will be provided to support this.
Please note this is a member’s opportunity and you must be an associate member of The NewBridge Project to apply. You can join here.
- Bursary: £1200
- Accommodation will be provided for 4weeks
- Travel within the UK will be covered.
- Studio space at The NewBridge Project will be provided
- Support from NewBridge Staff and the Practice makes Practice Artist Steering group will be provided during the residency
- The residency will be for the duration of 4 weeks, ideally to take place in either November 2018, February 2019 or March 2019.
- The opportunity is for artists at any stage of their career and practicing in any artform
Further information on the opportunity can be found here.
Deadline: 5pm, Monday 21 May 2018.