- Location: Liverpool (Baltic Triangle)
- Contract terms: Full-time, permanent
Salary: Dependent on experience
- Reporting to: Head of Rights Management, Rights Management Team Manager
- Application instructions: Please submit your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject line “Performance Assistant” by Thursday 25th July 9.00am.
Company & Recruitment Background
Sentric Music is a rapidly growing music publishing company with 70+ employees based across our offices in Liverpool, London, Hamburg, Mallorca, New York and LA. The company handles copyright and royalty administration for a large client base consisting of songwriters, record labels and music catalogue owners.
Our friendly Rights Management team are looking for an enthusiastic Performance Assistant to provide a first-class service to our clients. Based in the creative Baltic Triangle area of Liverpool, the Performance Assistant will act as a first point of contact for artists utilising Sentric Music’s publishing platform, and administer live performance data on all our clients’ behalf.
If you have a passion for music, have great communication skills and would enjoy diving into music venues data, this is your unique opportunity to join Sentric Music at an exciting phase of significant growth.
|We are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the community it serves at all levels of the organisation. We therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion and sexual orientation.|
- Act as a first point of contact for Sentric Music’s artists via telephone, email and Live Chat. Ensure that all queries are brought to a timely resolution, involving specialised teams as required.
- Act as a point person for queries on venue and live performance data for the wider team.
- Assist with the gathering and verification of live performance data for high-profile clients.
Music Venue Database Maintenance
- Administer Sentric Music’s ever-increasing database of live performance venues across the world, and populate our venue records with accurate information.
- Check Performance Rights Organisations’ (PRO) records of venue licenses and ensure that Sentric’s database reflect PRO findings.
- Work with the rest of the Performance team to develop processes for handling venue and live performance data.
Live Performance Royalty Claims
- Review artists’ submitted live performance claim and setlists, source any missing information from clients and third parties in order to complete claims.
- Assist with checking data from PROs to identify underpayment and working with Performance team to ensure that claims are submitted.
Rights Management & Royalty Team Support
- Assist with special projects initiated by the Performance team division, Client Managers and Head of Rights Management, ensuring a qualitative and timely resolution of assigned project tasks.
- Assist the Royalty Team during key points throughout Sentric Music’s royalty distribution cycles.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent higher education course (preferably within the fields of Music, Business Studies or Creative Industries).
- Previous work experience in a music organisation and/or administrative role is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel is meriting.
- Knowledge of publishing, copyright and/or live music venues is highly meriting.
- Good organisational skills, the ability to structure and make relevant priorities of own workload.
- Ability to work effectively towards deadlines and under pressure at peak times.
- Interest and knowledge of the music industry, with a strong enthusiasm for emerging artists.
- Personable with strong verbal and written communication skills to be able to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and a drive to be accurate and thorough at all times.
- High level of numeracy is essential.
- Positive, can-do attitude and happy working both within a team as well as independently.
- Must have the right to work in the UK, otherwise application will not be considered