Full job description can be found here http://www.thereader.org.uk/getinvolved/jobs/
- Hours: 35 hours per week
- Reporting to: Partnerships Manager
- Duration: Permanent
- Salary: £17,000 to £22,000 per annum
- Working Hours/Pattern: Monday to Friday, 0900-1700 (one hour unpaid lunch break)
- Annual Leave: 30 days per year plus bank holidays
This post sits in the Development and Partnerships Team, which is responsible for delivering income to sustain and grow The Reader’s work and developing the relationships that can help make that work happen.
We’re a growing organisation and we’re looking for an ambitious colleague who loves reading and wants to help us spread the Shared Reading Revolution, through fundraising and partnerships.
You’ll be working in a small, fast-paced team that needs to flex to opportunities as they arise, so you’ll get experience of working with a variety of stakeholders and income streams. We’re looking for someone who’s as happy on the phone to an individual donor as they are crafting a bid for a grant-maker. Shared Reading is all about relationships and connections and that is what this role is about. Providing high quality stewardship to our funders and partners is a priority for our team and we are looking for someone who is driven to generate new income by spotting and nurturing new relationships.
The Development and Partnerships team are working to support the delivery of an ambitious and exciting five-year business plan to:
1. Develop and expand a national network of Shared Reading groups – putting Shared Reading into the hands of committed, trained volunteers who have the local networks, relationships and passion to set up and lead their own reading communities
2. Grow a community based on Shared Reading at our organisational home in Calderstones Park, Liverpool, where we are transforming Calderstones’ grade II listed Mansion House into the International Centre for Shared Reading, with a broad community and outreach programme and expanded social enterprise.