OPERATIONS AND FINANCE MANAGER – Salford / Edinburgh
The Skinny is well established as Scotland and the North’s largest arts and events magazine, we reach 330,000 readers/issue in print across our six cities and 125,000+ readers/month on theskinny.co.uk. In 11 years of business this is our inaugural advert for this core role and we are looking for an impeccably driven, creative individual to join our management team and provide the organisational savvy and accounting firepower to drive the business forwards.
Our Operations and Finance Manager will plan, direct and coordinate all of Radge Media’s operations and in house accounting. You will be responsible for improving performance, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies. You will work alongside the Editor in Chief, oversee the company’s Assistant Bookkeeper and you will provide advice and guidance to upper management on future operational development and financial plans. The goal of this role is ultimately to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet The Skinny’s development objectives alongside those of other Radge Media products including Fest and the Student Handbook.
Role and Responsibilities
- -Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff
- -Develop trends and projections for the The Skinny’s finances.
- -Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- -Oversee the company’s assistant bookkeeper, set goals and objectives, cover their duties in times of absence
- -Manage the preparation of the company’s budget with the management team
- -Sign off and complete weekly company payments. Management of company cards and online banking transactions
- -Company payroll management
-Maintaining and improving operational systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organisational well-being
-With respect to to all suppliers; Confirm orders, ensure that all contracts are suitable and correct, cost effective and reviewed in a timely manner in alignment the company requirements. Perform quality controls and monitor production KPI’s. Main communicator with Accountants, business suppliers and providers and responsibility for maintenance of these services as needed
-Document and maintain abc data and manage annual audits
-Oversee organisation of company transport and accommodation where relevant, along with associated budgets
-Board Communications; Organising management meetings and travel, preparing documents, minutes and reports as needed
-Human resources including recruitment support for Sales and Editorial teams, support on individual performance management and development and management of staff records.
- -Experience in a comparible supervisory role in a small-medium arts/culture/media business
- -Proficient user of finance software (The Skinny uses Xero)
- -Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- -Budget development, forecasting and oversight experience
- -Strong IT skills (databases, MS Office, Apple and Google suite products)
- -Leadership and organisational skills
- -Above all we are looking for someone with a passion for the sector, engagement in culture and the arts and who has the positive energy to harness the role and play an important part in The Skinny’s development.
To apply: Please email email@example.com with your CV along with a cover letter (maximum one page) explaining how you meet the specified criteria and why you are attracted to the role.
Hours: Flexible depending on candidate and will require two – three days/week. The role is also open to freelance self employed candidates.
Salary: £22,000 pro rata
The role will be based out of our Scotland office in Edinburgh or North office in Salford
**DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday 31 March**