Open Call for Artists, Bluedot Festival
- Closes: 15th April 2019
- Type: Part time
- Salary: Paid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- Contact: Amy Grundy email@example.com
bluedot festival will be awarding two new commissions in 2019.
The festival is inviting artists to apply to create one of two new commissions for the festival in 2019. The first commission will be awarded in partnership with Light Night Leeds with artists being expected to create a commission that explores light art and interactivity. Successful artist applicants of both commissioning levels will receive funding, publicity around their commission and support from the festival’s production team and Creative Director to realise their idea. This opportunity is open to artists at any level of their career, and anybody residing in the UK is eligible to apply. We welcome proposals from artists who wish to develop an existing work, as well as proposals for new pieces of artwork.
Bluedot festival is committed to promoting equality and diversity across our programme and we actively encourage applications from artists of any ethnicity, gender and irrespective of any disability.
We are particularly interested in light art, digital artwork and installation work that:
1) Has a sufficient scale and impact in the setting of bluedot festival at Jodrell Bank Discovery Centre and Light Night Leeds.
2) Is visible at night, as well as during the day as the artwork will be showcased in a predominantly after-hours area.
3) Encourages interaction and exploration of the work.
Artists interested in applying should complete the following application form. For guidance notes and further information on the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org