Nominations for the 2012 Liverpool Art Prize open on Monday 5 September 2011 and close on Friday 25 November 2011.
The Liverpool Art Prize is a competition of contemporary art open to professional artists based in or born in the Liverpool City Region of the United Kingdom.
2012 will be the 5th Liverpool Art Prize. The exhibition of 4 shortlisted artists will take place at Metal at Edge Hill Station.
Please read the guidelines before making your nominations:
- You can nominate yourself.
- You can nominate up to three artists.
- The artists needs to be born in OR currently based in Liverpool City Region (this includes the boroughs of Liverpool, Wirral, St Helens, Knowsley, Halton and Sefton)
- The artist needs to have exhibited or realised a project or piece of work in the previous year (June 2010- Present) and there needs to be evidence of this online in order to complete your nomination.
- Artists who have been shortlisted for the prize in the previous two years are not legible for the prize.
- Artists will need to be available to exhibit as part of the Liverpool Art Prize 2012 (26th April – 9th June).
- Nominated artists need to have made a demonstrable contribution or impact on the Liverpool art scene and to have developed a unique and individual art practice.
- Nominations are accepted from all artistic disciplines.
Complete the nomination form online at www.liverpoolartprize.com