Call out for Arts Practitioners to work with St Helens LCEP
CulturEd is the St Helens Local Education Partnership (LCEP), we support schools by providing access to high quality creative activities for their children and young people as well as offering a series of CPD and networking sessions for teachers to develop their own creative skills and knowledge.
CulturEd works with a team of experienced arts professionals who deliver sessions with schools, community groups and families. These practitioners span a wide range of visual arts, drama, dance and spoken word. We are looking to expand our team of practitioners and are particularly keen to hear from artists working in the following areas;
- 3D sculpture and clay
- Graffiti and spray paint art
- Drawing skills, illustration and portraits
- Collage and mixed media
- Digital and Multimedia Art
We are open to applications from all forms of creative art.
Sessions must be:
- Engaging and creative
- Clear and confident delivery
- Organised delivery and within time parameters
- Accessible and inclusive
Practitioners must have:
- Experience of workshop delivery with children and young people.
- Experience of delivering CPD and knowledge of how this delivery is different than a workshop – skills for teachers to use back in school.
- Experience of developing their own artistic practice.
- A DBS certificate.
It is extremely important that all our activities are of a high quality so that schools see the value of engaging with creative practitioners and students have a positive experience. We will be looking activities that align with the Arts Council’s Quality Principles. These are:
- Striving for excellence and innovation.
- Being authentic.
- Being exciting, inspiring, and engaging.
- Ensuring a positive and inclusive experience.
- Actively involving children and young people.
- Enabling personal progression.
- Developing belonging and ownership.
Arts practitioners will be paid between £250-£275 for a full day workshop and between £125-£155 for a half day workshop (plus planning and materials).
To apply please send a CV, a short cover letter or recorded video detailing your relevant workshop experience and some information about your artistic practice along with 4-6 supporting images or videos to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is 5pm June 9th 2023