Deadline: Monday 25 July 2016.
Reporting to: Artistic Director
Responsible for New Work Co-ordinator
Salary: £23 000 – £25 000 per annum, depending on experience.
Hours: 40 per week.
Tenure: This is a full time post offered on a permanent basis and is subject to a probationary period of 3 months
Purpose of Role
- With the Artistic team, shape and steer the artistic vision of the Everyman and Playhouse
- To work as dramaturg on Everyman and Playhouse productions, with particular focus on the Company and in-house work
- With the New Work Co-ordinator, identify, nurture and manage writers, with particular focus on diverse Liverpool writers, to write plays for and with the Everyman Company, and for and within Young Everyman and Playhouse
- To advise on classic playtexts, working on new versions bespoke to the Everyman Company, and to have extensive and ongoing knowledge of cutting edge contemporary theatre practice
- To oversee the strategy for the development and production of new work, including research and development, and to be a literary resource for Residency companies as required
- To oversee the strategy for building and developing our relationships with writers and other theatre- makers to create and enrich the work on our stages, both Company and Residency
- To find work that is relevant to our time and place, responding to and rooted in the stories of our communities
The deadline for applications is Monday 25th July at 10.00am.
Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
Please apply in writing, using the application form provided, stating why you are interested in the post and detailing what skills and experience you would bring to it.
You should also submit the names of two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer, indicating at what stage of the application process they may be approached.
Applications should be sent electronically to: email@example.com
Please include the job reference: NW16 in the subject line, and a contact telephone number in the main body of the message.
Completed applications may also be returned to:
Recruitment – Ref: NW16
Liverpool Everyman and Playhouse Everyman Theatre
5-11 Hope Street Liverpool L1 9BH
All applicants will be advised on the outcome of their application in writing. Interviews will be held in Liverpool on the 29th July 2016.
For full details and the application pack, visit the website.