Posted: 21/12/2018 09:12
Salary: £25,662.00 per annum
Location: World Museum
Deadline: 14/01/2019 12:00
Benefits: Company Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Travel Loan
Job Type: Established [A]
NML Trading Ltd are looking for an experienced Sales Manager to join their Events team. Based at the World Museum, Liverpool you will report directly to our Head of Events, with responsibility for generating and securing events and conference business across our portfolio.
Purpose of the Role:
To drive the sales of the events business, maximise revenue opportunities and enhance the profit of the business.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be part of our team, please click the ‘apply’ button below.
The closing date for receipt of C.Vs is Monday 14th January 2019,12pm.
Budget and Finance
- Discuss & input sales targets with head of events
- Achieve and exceed Conference and events sales target set
- Ensure that all controllable expenditure meet budgetary targets are set
- Ensure GP for food costs are is achieved in conjunction with Head Chef and in line with Company guidelines
- Sustain maximum effort and ingenuity to achieve sales and profit targets as achieved with Head of Events
- Monitor, analyse and review monthly accounts
- Achieve all financial targets set
- Ensure menus are costed in line with GP targets with the Head Chef
- Achieve profit targets set for conference business
- Achieve and exceed target of cold calling clients to actively promote conference facilities to secure new business
- Achieve sales conversion rate target
- Promote and sell Hosted by National Museums Liverpool’s Christmas events packages across the portfolio of venues achieving specific Christmas targets
- Actively promote the event and conference facilities to the internal and external market
- Proactively source various avenues for sales of the Christmas and conference packages within new markets to achieve specific night time and daytime ticket sales
- Meet with clients off and on site with the primary focus of promoting the conference and events business
- Analyse sales calls and measure conversion rates to produce monthly report on analysis
- Achieve 80% conversion rate of client show arounds
Marketing and PR
- Implement the marketing strategy and liaise with MAC on implementation for the growth of the conference business & design and develop all marketing material to promote the conference business and MDR
- Use existing client contact details within NML to promote the Christmas events packages with the aim of selling the target number of tickets to this group
- Achieve further external industry accreditation and awards for MDR and the Conference business
- Ensure there is visibility, locally and regionally of the Christmas packages and the conference facilities across the portfolio of spaces by distributing e-flyers, brochures and all marketing material
- Attend networking events to promote the conference and events business and ensure there is high profile signage across all venues
- To manage and deputise for the Operations Manager and Head of Events in the delivery of events when required
- To develop and maintain the highest service standards
- Train and develop the Event Assistants to deliver the service standards
- To manage the Event Team when delivering events in the absence of the Operations Manager
- To plan and organise event delivery when required and maintain Artifax so it is up to date
- Produce timely and comprehensive event sheets and briefings to staff
- Maintain and develop excellent client records from initial point of contact to event delivery and maintain excellent client records and to build a client database of all previous corporate bookings
- Provide timely and accurate data to the Head of Events for MI reporting purposes
- Provide timely and accurate data to relevant departments to ensure all aspects of events run smoothly for each area involved
- Maintain and process financial data for all events including issuing deposit requests, processing deposits and issuing final invoices through NML sundry debtor system in the absence of the Finance and Administration Manager
- Issuing detailed event proposals and quotes as required
- Issuing client contracts, within set guidelines, for confirmed date along with conditions of hire and deposit requests
- Ensure the Artifax booking system is used to full potential, is accurate and kept up to date at all times
Quality Management/Customer Care
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining excellent working relations with all external clients from the initial point of contact through to the delivery of event and post event correspondence and feedback
- Provide a friendly and professional client ‘face’ for the Hosted by National Museums Liverpool business for all client show arounds and meetings
- Be committed to Total Quality Management and adhere to all TQM concepts
- Develop effective client relationships and strong relationships with local relevant organisations e.g. Albert Dock Company
- From conception to delivery maintain excellent client relationships
- Build and develop a client database
- To have a positive working relationship with the Head Chef and Kitchen team in the development and implementation of new menus and event delivery.
- Ensure that the timeline for changes to menus is established and adhered to by all parties
- Work effectively with the Head Chef to accurately cost menus for maximum profitably
- To be aware of market trends and seasonality around event delivery and design
Health and Safety
- To know fire and bomb scare drills, the location and use of fire extinguishers, exits and alarms, and communication to staff.
- Understand the procedure for evacuation and suspicious parcels and ensure staff understanding in this area.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act. Ensure staff do not endanger the health and safety of themselves or others whilst at work.
- Ensure food hygiene standards are adhered to and all employees are appropriately qualified in food hygiene
- Ensure risk assessments and public liability are obtained from all clients
- Role model NML’s competency framework and be an advocate for the company
- Support and promote the culture within NML and its development to be a ‘Great place to Work’
- Any other reasonable duties that are required to achieve business objectives
The details contained in this job description reflect the content of the job at the date of being prepared. However, it is possible that over time the nature of the job will change. Consequently NMLT will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.
We may remove the advert prior to the closing date, if we have received high volume of applications. Please apply as soon as possible to avoid any disappointment.
APPLY HERE & see person specification