Posted: 20/12/2018 12:47
Location: Dale Street
Deadline: 16/01/2019 12:00
Benefits: Company Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Travel Loan Scheme
Job Type: Fixed Term [F]
Term: Maternity cover until 16 December 2019 or until the current postholder returns.
Interviews to be held on Wednesday 23 January 2019
Purpose of the role
The key purpose of this post is to implement National Museums Liverpool’s communications and social media campaigns, including devising, managing and delivering a range of corporate communications, PR, public affairs and social media projects, raising the organisation’s profile locally, nationally and internationally.
The departmental objective is to maximise visits to our museums and galleries, broaden access and raise positive awareness for the organisation with target audiences.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Communications Manager the post holder will:
- Deliver the strategic social media plan, having responsibility for elements of the plan and leading on specific social media campaigns for National Museums Liverpool.
- Monitor, evaluate and analyse social media activity regularly across National Museums Liverpool accounts and channels, including TripAdvisor, in order to constantly increase engagement with audiences.
- Work in collaboration with colleagues across the Marketing and Communications department to ensure messaging is integrated into all cross-marketing campaigns across National Museums Liverpool’s eight venues, promoting the positive image of the organisation to key stakeholders including visitors, staff, press, strategic agencies, corporate partners and public offices.
- Develop and draft press and PR strategies for projects, exhibitions and events.
- Deal with urgent enquiries from the media, general public and colleagues, by telephone, mail, e-mail and social media, liaising with and advising senior staff to enhance and maintain NML’s reputation locally, regionally and nationally.
- Research, write and produce draft press releases and copy for internal and external purposes in consultation with appropriate colleagues within National Museums Liverpool to generate ideas, and contact the media to proactively ‘sell-in’ stories.
- Maintain effective communications and working relationships between staff and other colleagues across the organisation, including working in partnership with departments such as Education, Commercial and Development, to develop and implement campaigns targeting these specific markets.
- Organise and supervise journalists, camera crews and photographers during filming for news stories and factual documentaries, including selecting, organising and briefing key spokespeople.
- Liaise with external organisations across the arts, culture, business and government communities including partners and sponsors to build on existing partnerships for mutual benefit and to coordinate communications and secure favourable coverage.
- Represent National Museums Liverpool in a variety of ways, including at in-house meetings and external events, including deputising for the Communications Manager and providing cover for colleagues within the team as required.
- Manage own workload and keep complete and accurate records, files, budgets and evaluation reports.
- Support the department’s commitment to the provision of the highest level of service quality standards, through the continuous monitoring and evaluation of team activities.
- Undertake additional duties, as required, from time to time.
- Undertake training and development courses and programmes, as required.
- Be expected to show the highest level of integrity and confidentiality in the pursuance of these duties.
- Assist with the supervision of volunteers and work placement students, undertaking periodic appraisal and facilitating their training in association with National Museums Liverpool’s Volunteer Coordinator.
- Adhere to National Museums Liverpool’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, and make a contribution to the continuance of a sound health and safety culture within the department.
The details contained in this job description reflect the content of this job at the date of being prepared. It is however possible that over time the nature of the job will change. Consequently National Museums Liverpool will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.