National Membership / Community Development Manager
- Duration: Permanent
- Salary: £20,000 to £27,000 per annum
- Working Hours/Pattern: Full Time – 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 0900-1700 hours
- Annual Leave: 30 days per year plus bank holidays
- Location: The Reader, Calderstones Park, Liverpool L18 3JB (National travel may be required)
- Reporting to: Head of Communications
- Deadline for applications: 9 am, Friday 23 March 2018 (Please note applications arriving after 9am will not be considered).
This role is responsible for helping to grow a thriving national community of Shared Reading volunteers and group members. You will be leading the marketing activities which will attract more volunteers and group members to get involved with shared reading.
You will deliver a programme of communications and engagement activities to strengthen relationships between The Reader’s core team, the volunteers we train and the people who attend our reading groups. You’ll also be a central member of a newly established Digital Project team working to develop a brand new digital infrastructure to support The Reader’s national community.
We are looking for a creative, people person who is driven by The Reader’s social mission and motivated by the plans to develop a national shared reading movement, with thousands of Readers who feel connected, inspired and supported.
- Work collaboratively to develop creative marketing strategies to drive volunteer numbers to meet agreed targets and responsible for developing engaging key messages that connect and inspire the Reader community of volunteers and group members
- Lead on the delivery of specific marketing activities, managing budget and third party providers where appropriate
- Develop and implement an annual communications and engagement plan for the Shared Reading Community, integrating local, regional, national and digital activity
- Project manage a series of regional community events, overseeing all aspects of event organisation including marketing, content, material development and evaluation
Download the job description below for full details.
How to apply:
Please do not just send in a CV. Please download the full application form, job description and recruitment pack below. You will also find an article by The Reader’s founder and director Jane Davis for your information. Please complete the application form and submit to email@example.com.