Application deadline: 4pm, Tuesday 8 March 2016
Interviews: W/C Monday 14th March 2016
Milapfest produces performances, education projects and artist development programmes nationally and internationally from its base in Liverpool. We are a national charity, with the aim of “Uniting Hearts Through Arts”. Over nearly 30 years, since 1985, we have helped to change the lives of artists, audiences and young people through our various programmes of activity, and focus on the universal, global appeal of Indian music and dance.
The organisation produces a year-round programme of performances, arts education and professional development projects, and is considered one of the world’s leading organisations in this field. Find out more at www.milapfest.com and in this Introduction.
Role Title & Summary: Marketing & PR Support Officer
Full-time / Salary £18500 to £22000 per annum depending on experience
Reports to Director of Marketing & Finance (Head of Dance Devt)
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, outgoing, reliable and an excellent team player. We also expect excellent communication skills and a genuine interest in Milapfest and Indian arts. The applicant will be able to manage multiple priorities, deliver a challenging workload under pressure and work within a budget. They will be able to demonstrate relevant skills and work experience.
Main Objectives & Duties:
This exciting role is required to deliver the marketing, communication, promotion and PR campaigns for key projects for Milapfest, including two Summer Schools and a Festival in Liverpool, various performances and education events throughout the year.
The main duties of the Marketing & PR Support Officer include:
- To help plan and administer marketing campaigns across all Milapfest activities
- To manage design, print and distribution of publicity materials
- To manage Milapfest’s social media channels, including editing and upload of audio, video and photo resources.
- To manage planning and delivery of marketing and promotion activities for the Indika Festival, Music India and Dance India
- To create press releases and manage contacts and invitations
- To manage receptions, special events and events
- To manage the database of contacts and maintain communications with audiences, funders and key contacts
- To research, plan and execute communication and pitches for sponsorship and funding where required.
- To support the development work of the organization, including maintaining contacts, networks and communication with trusts & foundations, sponsors and ‘Kalanidhi’ donors.
This role is to deliver all marketing & PR targets as set by the Director of Marketing & Finance, but is not exclusively limited to the activities described above. It is the policy of Milapfest to continually review and improve job descriptions, to ensure that they are relevant to the work, or take into account any changes or developments in the sector.
Milapfest team members are required to be flexible and perform duties across the range of our activities, to help develop wide ranging skills and experience: the Marketing & PR Support Officer will be required to:
- Work as Event Manager for Milapfest events and activities, to gain an understanding of our core programme, interact with our key clients and patrons, and ensure that our fundraising programmes are publicized in an effective way.
- Work on projects such as conferences, tours, festivals and fundraising events, to create, manage and deliver events which benefit the role and organization.
Essential qualifications, experience & skills:
- Educated to degree level as a requirement, a higher degree is desirable
- Experience of working in arts management or arts marketing
- Experience of working with databases
- Project Management
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Confidentiality and ethical gathering of information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent IT skills, including online research resources
- Excellent analytical and research skills
Other Qualities required
- Ability to work in a team or individually
- Ability to work under pressure, with excellent time management skills
- Willingness to work flexibly, to travel and to work outside regular hours as required.
To apply, please send by email or post:
1. a covering letter
3. a statement of no more than 500 words detailing why you would like to apply, and your suitability for this post
To: Alok Nayak, Artistic Director / Director of Development,
Milapfest, The Capstone Building, 17 Shaw Street, Liverpool L6 1HP / email@example.com
Closing Date: 4pm, Tuesday 8th March 2016