OPERATIONS MANAGER (JOB SHARE)
£23,000 – £26,000 (PRO-RATA)
5PM, FRIDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER
2 days a week (including occasional evening, weekend and bank holiday cover) / permanent contract from November 2023
£23,000 – £26,000 (pro-rata) depending on experience
The Operations Manager (Job Share) is a new role, dividing the following responsibilities from the full-time position.
The Operations Managers will hold responsibility for the overall day-to-day operational administration including human resources, building maintenance, health and safety and team coordination. Working closely with the Finance Manager who has responsibility for the management accounts, you will also process day-to-day financial transactions.
● Overall responsibility for ensuring that the building is well maintained and has the appropriate safety and security provision, acting as primary key holder.
● Working with the Executive Director, deliver HR administration including coordinating recruitment, contracts and agreements, and maintain up-to-date employee and volunteer handbooks, induction procedures and other HR documents in line with legislative and best practice requirements.
● To recruit and manage Open Eye Gallery’s volunteer and placement programme adhering to best practice.
● To support the Executive Director in their role as Company Secretary, to ensure that all legal responsibilities are met with regard to charity, and company legislation.
● To take responsibility for day-to-day financial data entry and processing agreed accounts payable and receivable, maintaining records for all transactions.
● To assist the Executive Director in the preparation and delivery of Board meetings, including preparation of the necessary documentation, liaising with Trustees, & minute taking.
● Keep governance records up to date with Companies House and Charity Commission, including the annual reporting and ensuring details are up to date.
● Manage staff recruitment and related administration.
● With Executive Director and relevant Board members, to keep abreast of developments and best practice in HR management.
● Ensure HR records are well organised and kept up to date.
● Ensure relevant operational staff training is carried out, including First Aid and Health and Safety.
● Ensure DBS checks or other safeguarding procedures are carried out as and when required.
● Manage volunteer and placement recruitment and be the first point of contact for inducting and supervising volunteers, and manage the volunteer rota.
● To manage out-of-hours staffing and weekend rotas with key holders to ensure adequate staff cover.
● Monitor the business and operations calendar
● Monitor IT and CCTV systems, ensuring maintenance when required.
● Ensure office supplies are replenished.
● To act as the first point of contact with external contractors, ensuring annual repairs and maintenance checks are kept up to date.
● Ensure all staff, placements and volunteers receive building induction and kept up to date of any changes.
● Monitor environmental impact.
Health & Safety
● Ensuring Risk Assessments, Temporary Event Notices and any other required documents are completed and circulated to the relevant parties.
● To complete weekly fire tests.
● Keep abreast of developments and best practice in health & safety procedures and legislations.
● Liaise with building management company on security procedures.
● Act as a key holder, and liaise with external alarm company if and when required. ● Ensure all staff, placements and volunteers are kept up to date of any security updates within the organisation.
● Ensure all cash banking & cheques are deposited in a timely fashion. ● Manage petty cash and volunteer expenses.
● Support Finance Manager in monthly reconciliation of petty cash, volunteer expenses, cheque book, credit cards and bank statements.
● Deliver day-to-day financial data entry on the accounting system and make payments as agreed with the Executive Director and Finance Manager.
● Work as a key member of the team, supporting major events and activities.
● Act as keyholder, including occasional evening, bank holiday and weekend cover.
● Any other duties that may reasonably be required by the Executive Director.
Please download the application pack below for role requirements.
To apply, please submit the following information to email@example.com:
2. Cover letter detailing any relevant experience in relation to the Job Description.
Please also fill out our anonymous Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form online (https://forms.gle/DixGfxpFxmBoGixL7)
Post: Open Eye Gallery, 19 Mann Island, Liverpool Waterfront, Liverpool, L3 1BP.
We strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds, and we fully recognise the value of a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. We are particularly keen to hear from people of colour, and those living with disabilities.
Closing Date: Friday 8th September at 5PM. Interviews to take place on Monday 18th September. Please let us know in your application email if you have any access requirements.