Head of Creative Studios
Contract Type: Permanent
Position Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Sunday 28 February 2021
Our people are at the heart of National Museums Liverpool. Colleagues from across the NML team make a difference every day, creating memorable experiences for everyone and challenging expectations. We pride ourselves on being a place for everyone, but we are always aiming higher, aspiring to be representative of the communities we serve. Through our people, we are building a culture which embeds trust, respect and inclusion and an organisation in which people are engaged and empowered to enable National Museums Liverpool to evolve. You could be just the right person to join us.
We are currently inviting applications for the post of Head of Creative Studios. If you think you match the job description and our organisations ethos then click on the link to apply with your CV.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Executive Director of Audiences & Media, you will develop and lead the newly formed Creative Studios to deliver an outstanding in-house service to support the work delivered by teams across National Museums Liverpool.
Our studio brings ideas and stories to life through technical and creative design, cutting-edge production and innovation across exhibition and gallery experiences (permanent and temporary), components of creative marketing campaigns (print and digital) and corporate communications.
Whilst offering inspiring leadership, you will be responsible for planning and tracking projects, assigning resource and ensuring the highest levels of accessibility and compliance standards are achieved. You will help us to reach a new level of creativity by encouraging effective collaboration, pushing the boundaries of design and production, and ensuring we’re utilising agile and up-to-date methodologies, technologies and software to enhance all of our studio output.
You will interface with key stakeholders right across the organisation ensuring clear understanding of priorities and project requirements to effectively execute multiple work-streams, balance creative vision and objectives, whilst running an efficient and effective service.
We’re looking for someone who is up for a new challenge with masses of energy, adaptability and thrives working in a fast-paced studio environment. Whilst you’ll have an acute attention to detail and enviable creative project management skills, you’ll equally have plenty of ideas to contribute, want to be hands-on and have excellent communication skills.
You will actively champion new and innovate ways to bring stories to life and have a thorough understanding of how to take ideas from paper to full production across an integrated studio environment.
- Support the Executive Director of Audiences & Media in the management and development of the department as well as the formulation and delivery of a progressive long-term growth strategy.
- Oversee the successful delivery of projects through day to day co-ordination of the Creative Studio by effectively identifying and managing resource.
- Oversee the development of project briefs by stakeholders before passing to the teams for execution.
- Oversee the development of creative concepts for projects working in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Design, develop and implement new and effective processes and project controls to increase productivity, high-quality project delivery and risk management.
- Oversee the introduction of new methodologies, technologies, software and practices to enhance studio output.
- Manage, coach, develop and coordinate the teams to deliver effective, compelling and high-quality output which supports the broad range of work undertaken, internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain a database of high-quality freelance specialists across creative, design, production, trade and experiential.
- Work with appropriate departmental leads to develop strategic and cost-effective approach to external vendor relationships.
- Oversee the effective budget forecasting and management.
- Ensure all creative output adheres to National Museums Liverpool’s brand guidelines.
- Lead creative workshops, training, meetings and planning sessions.
- Ensure effective use and development of asset management and archiving systems and services.
- Keep up to date with emerging creative, production and communication digital trends and technologies, as well as sharing insights with colleagues and feeding into the decision process around developing and delivering ways of working.
|Degree or equivalent qualification/experience.||E|
|Significant experience in a similar role (in-house / agency) leading creative design and production teams.||E|
|Significant experience managing design workflows / pipelines and leading effective and complex project management.||E|
|Significant experience leading the development of design briefs and production of high-quality concepts for exhibitions, galleries, marketing and corporate communications collateral.||E|
|Experience of managing, developing, recruiting and coordinating multidisciplinary teams.||E|
|Experience of managing complex budgets includingforecasting and reconciliation.||E|
|Experience in building cross-departmental and cross-organisation relationships.||E|
|KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS|
|Excellent understanding of design standards and principles across experiential, print and digital.||E|
|Excellent knowledge of design processes, kit and specialisms.||E|
|Excellent knowledge of project management and workflow practices and software.||E|
|Excellent organisation, planning and problem-solving skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.||E|
|Self-motivated with the ability to think creatively, generate ideas and stimulate discussion both with colleagues and external contacts.||E|
|Excellent knowledge of creative software packages including Adobe Creative Suite.||E|
|IT literate with thorough knowledge of Office 365, in both iOS and Windows environment.||E|
|Ability to assimilate information quickly and develop a significant level of knowledge and expertise on a wide range of subjects.||E|
|Ability to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities.|