Youth Arts Co-ordinator, The Hive
Salary: Up To £24,000 (Depending On Experience)
A unique opportunity for experienced Arts worker to take responsibility for the delivery of the Arts youth work programme at The Hive, Wirral Youth Zone, a charity with a state-of-the-art building offering a wide range of activities and targeted services for young people.
Attracting young people from across the borough and beyond through its fantastic facilities, the Youth Zone is a registered charity and provides positive activities and practical support, with the aim of enabling young people to make constructive use of their leisure time and raise their aspirations. The Youth Zone is open seven nights a week, at weekends and during school holidays.
Building on the success of our current Arts Coordinator, you will have lead responsibility for the delivery of the youth Arts programme at The Hive, ensuring all young people accessing the Youth Zone access fun, creative, programmes. They will provide direct line management, leadership and support to the Arts youth work delivery team including paid staff and volunteers.
You will ensure that there is an exceptionally high-quality Arts offer focused on the needs of young people and in line with The Hive’s aspirations to provide young people with the best possible experiences and opportunities. You will be responsible for the continuous improvement of the delivery and inputting towards the strategic delivery plan for The Hive.
With substantial experience of Arts youth work, you will
- Plan, coordinate and deliver a comprehensive arts programme for young people aged 8 to 19 (25 with disabilities) at Wirral Youth Zone which will enable them to build their confidence, social skills and overall wellbeing
- To ensure that the arts programme is high quality and meets the needs of the young people, including young people with additional needs and disabilities and young people who typically don’t engage in arts
- To ensure that the arts programme contributes to the wider youth work agenda, supporting the development of young people
We are looking for an exceptional candidate:
- Is a positive role model for young people; someone who believes in and recognises young people’s potential
- Has a positive and “can do” attitude
- Takes responsibility for their own actions
- Is committed to a culture of continuous improvement and subscribes to a “tonight’s better than last night” philosophy
- Is willing to go the extra mile to ensure great provision for young people
Please complete an application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a one page covering letter setting out your reasons for applying for this position. In addition, please provide the following information:
- Details of your current or most recent remuneration package;
- If you are currently employed, your notice period;
- If you have at any time been convicted of a criminal offence, please provide the details in strict confidence.
Closing date for applications: Noon, Monday 4thJune 2018
Interviews will take place w/c 11thJune 2018
We request no contact from agencies.
Wirral Youth Zone are committed to the safeguarding of young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.