- Closes 21st August 2016
- Location North West
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- Artform crafts, combined arts, dance, film,interdisciplinary arts, literature,photography, music, theatre, visual arts
- Contact Sally Thelwel firstname.lastname@example.org
Can you connect art, ideas and young people?
Are you an emerging artist aged 25 or under?
The Whitworth is looking for two emerging artists from any arts discipline to help us shapeWhitworth Young Contemporaries.
You will have the opportunity to develop your portfolio and skills as a creative practitioner working specifically with a 15-25 audience.
Whitworth Young Contemporariesis funded through Circuit, a four-year national programme connecting 15-25 year olds to the arts in galleries and museums working in partnership with the youth and cultural sector. Led by Tate and funded by the Paul Hamlyn Foundation, it provides opportunities for young people to steer their own learning and create cultural activity across art disciplines.
What you will do:
- Work collaboratively with young people, artists, gallery learning and curatorial staff to develop ideas that inform Whitworth Young Contemporaries.
- Plan and deliver engaging workshops to young people’s groups that make links to the Whitworth, its collection, building and exhibitions.
- Develop and run a 6 week course for 15-25 year olds exploring an artistic practice.
Who you are:
- You are an emerging artist from any arts discipline aged 25 or under.
- You have an interest and ability to engage young people aged 15-25 from all backgrounds.
- You are committed to collaborative practice, working in partnership with artists and young people across art forms.
- You are able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
£2,500 for 30 days work September 2016 – January 2017 (approx. 2 days per week)
Successful applicants will need enhanced DBS status.
To apply send your CV with up to 3 images of your work and tell us why you want to join us.
email@example.com by 5pm Sunday 21 August. Interviews to be held on Thursday 1 September.
If you have any questions or want more information please contact Sally Thelwell on 0161 275 7453