Western Approaches HQ – Historic Site Manager, Big Heritage
- Closes 24th November 2017
- Type Full time
- Salary Paid (£25k-30k)
- Contact Emma Stringfellow email@example.com
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the team at Western Approaches HQ in Liverpool, the building from which the battle of the Atlantic was masterminded.
Western Approaches has recently moved to be managed by Big Heritage, a not for Profit CIC our aim is to entertain, educate and engage people in their heritage and the world around them.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team manager who can work flexibly and use their initiative to develop the site making it the best possible place to visit and work. You`ll have holistic stewardship and management responsibilities and be responsible for local marketing and management of relationships with the city of Liverpool and our partners.
We want all of our visitors to leave Western Approaches feeling inspired and well looked after. Join us as a Site Manager and lead our team to deliver this excellent standard of service. You will also be responsible for optimising opportunities to generate income and ensuring that the site, its staff, visitors and its assets are safe and secure.
We are looking for you to show experience of excellent customer service, staff supervision and being part of a team. You will be able to demonstrate exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with both visitors and colleagues. Your CV should also demonstrate experience of :
- Staff and volunteer management and training, ensuring that staff are engaged an involved and share the stories of Western Approaches with our visitors.
- Customer Service, ensuring all our visitors have an exceptional experience and leave having both learnt from and enjoyed their visit.
- Management of financial processes such as cashing up and business reporting Commercial management, venue booking, tours and merchandise ordering and management.
- Working within a team seeking to interpret and bring to life this historic building and its stories.
This role is for 40 hours a week (this is across 5 days a week which will include one day weekend working)
Closing Date 23rd November
Interviews Week Commencing 4th December
CVs will only be accepted via email .