Voluntary Sector Development Manager, Link4Life
Voluntary Sector Development Manager – L1847
22 June 2018
Hours of Work
18.5 per week
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Your role will be to provide a professional, efficient and high quality service to local voluntary, community and faith organisation to maximise income through fundraising, commissioning and contracts in order to deliver services which contribute to the delivery of the Borough’s integrated commissioning objectives including the Locality Plan and transformation themes.
Working closely with ‘One Rochdale’ (the Local Care Organisation for Rochdale Borough), the post will have the following priority focus areas:
- To develop the capacity of the sector through income generation, for example delivering advice, training, bid writing and consultancy on how best to identify and access appropriate funding and resources;
- To facilitate partnership working in the sector, for example through supporting development of the Rochdale Health and Wellbeing Alliance, including arranging meetings, establishing governance (Which may include constituting as a separate legal entity) and developing commissioning opportunities;
- To act as an advocate on behalf of voluntary and community sector organisations on issues relating to funding, including public and charitable funds.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU?
- Educated to degree level or substantial practical experience in the sector
- Experience of income generation / fundraising
- Experience in a senior leadership role in the voluntary, community or faith sector
- Knowledge of funding sources and complex funding issues
- Ability to deliver training on fundraising
- Knowledge of budget planning, monitoring and analysis
- Skilled in writing successful bids and tenders
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU!
Link4Life are committed to being an employer of choice and offer competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits, including access to:
- Child Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free Gym Membership
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay
WHO ARE WE?
We are a charity based in Rochdale that aims to inspire every member of our diverse community to live more active, creative and healthy lifestyles.
If you wish to apply for this job, please visit www.link4life.org to download our Application Form. We do not accept CVs