Tech Team | Liverpool, UK | Full Time | Milexa
Position: UX Designer
Location: Liverpool L1 (Baltic Triangle)
Reports to: Lead Developer
Direct Reports: None, no management responsibilities
Salary: £24,000 – £26,000 per annum
Deadline: 19th October 2016
The core mission of this role is to join our tech team in spearheading efforts to improve user experience and increase conversion rate across our websites; Milexa, Murafloor and MuralsWallpaper.
As UX Designer, you will work across multiple brands and be the key decision maker and driver of change on all UX decisions and direction. Working closely with our CRO strategist and lead developer, you will join a tech focused team dedicated to driving change and continuous improvement, in an area that forms a key constituent part of overall business growth and strategy.
You will enjoy and be committed to staying at the cutting edge of UX design and development, and will be keen to implement your innovative ideas into a culture that encourages and embraces bold new moves. This role provides an opportunity to test and push forward your own big ideas and deliver major impact in a fast-moving SME with global ambitions.
The ability to code or the willingness to learn basic front end coding is also essential in this role.
Metrics & Accountabilities
Your work will be targeted on the following metrics:
– Conversion rate %
– User satisfaction ratings
– Engagement metrics (bounce rate, time on site and others)
– Lead improvement efforts from UX standpoint
– Designing and creating templates for development and CRO tests
– Making front-end improvements to existing e-commerce sites (Milexa, Murafloor, MuralsWallpaper)
– Turn insights and hypotheses from CRO research into actionable UX templates for A/B tests
– Configuring and launching A/B tests, working alongside CRO strategist and wider team members
– Work closely with CRO strategist to deliver results in line with CRO growth strategy
– Working across multiple platforms including WordPress
– Working with our lead developer to deliver front end improvements
– Implementation of new ideas and modern technologies
– Work with marketing team to deliver marketing initiatives involving design and development.
Skills, Experience & Requirements
– Prior experience in developing design work for online retail / e-commerce
– Portfolio showcasing your commercial work
– Ability to review user based research and data insights and come up with creative and innovative design solutions that improve user experience
– Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or similar, broad range of skills across both Photoshop and Illustrator
– Have an understanding of web and mobile user interfaces
– Forward thinking and progressive approach to web design
– Ability to manage your own workload effectively and meet critical deadlines, milestones and goals
– Previous experience with WordPress, WooCommerce would be beneficial
Personal Attributes & Characteristics
– Incredible attention to detail and a desire to make everything you do as good as it can be
– Embracing new ideas and using them to push boundaries without fear of failure
– Very positive attitude, tenacious, strong desire and commitment to continuous development and learning
– Confidence in your work and design ability
– Unafraid to take on any challenge and dig deep to deliver any job no matter how big or small
– Ability to be highly flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment
Our mission at Milexa is to deliver leading design in cutting edge new forms, to enrich the environments that people occupy. We design and manufacture design leading products that enhance the spaces where people live, work and play.
Our core products of bespoke wall and floor coverings give us a unique offering, and brings totally new design possibilities to our customers. We have a passion for launching innovative new products into established markets, and our aim is to be industry leading in every space we enter.
Our business is based around innovation and creativity, and we’re passionate about developing people as well as products. Everyone has an important role to play in our organisation and it is a place where all ideas are listened to and people are given the freedom to make a real impact and develop their skills.
Company websites: Milexa.com | Muralswallpaper.com | Murafloor.com
We’re passionate about our company values and want people who align well with them to join our team.
If you feel that you’re well aligned to our core values then we’d love to hear from you: Be Remarkable – Bold. Committed. Push for excellence. Digs deep. Creative. Passionate. Gives 100%. Quality & detail focused. Be a Pioneer – Innovative. Drives change. Creative. New ideas. Always learning. Bold. Risk tolerant.Open-minded. Adventurous. Be Sharp – Focus on impact. Efficient. Moves fast. Cuts through. Focus on Customers – Start with the customer. Removes friction. Creates a wow customer experience. Empathetic. Uses data & feedback. Support and Grow – Team player. Collaborative. Helps and grows others. Open. Makes a positive difference. Supportive. Happy. Authentic. Make it Happen – Seizes responsibility and empowerment. Takes ownership. Tenacious. Delivers results.
What we offer
With a vibrant team environment focusing on creativity, innovation and ambition, our rapidly growing company is forward thinking and constantly evolving. Besides our friendly office culture, we employ a relaxed dress code, flexible working hours and generous annual leave, as well as future opportunities in-line with growth.
For all applications please include a sample of your professional portfolio along with CV and cover letter directly to John Pooley at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 19th October 2016