Technology Manager, The Reader
- Closes 2nd September 2019
- Type Full time
- Salary Paid (£20k-25k)
- Contact Kate Harrison email@example.com
As part of the award of National Lottery Funding, the digital infrastructure for the charity is being reviewed.
We are looking for a target-driven, motivated and focused individual to work with the Head of Technology to take responsibility for the IT Department and requirements of The Reader Group at this pivotal time of digital change.
Under the strategic guidance of the Head of Technology, manage and work with the IT Team to:
- Deliver the IT and Digital Strategy.
- Champion digital engagement at all levels across the organization.
- Help colleagues across the organisation troubleshoot technology issues.
- Maintain computer and mobile phone equipment (including servers) and keep equipment updated within the budget restraints.
- Provide training to other employees on how to remedy basic computer technical issues.
- Ensure software and hardware systems are installed where required, including new equipment, anti-virus programs, CRM programs and other tools.
- Support volunteers through the Hub Managers and Hub Leaders to utilize the technology available, providing training courses where appropriate.
- Manage the active directory to ensure it is kept up to date and the correct level of controls are in place to protect the organization.
- Ensure that regular backups are taken of key systems.