Job Opportunity: Tameside Local Studies and Archive Centre
Local Studies and Archive Manager
24 hours per week over 4 days (Some Saturday work)
Salary: £19,548 – £21,657 Pro Rata for 24 hours
Tameside have an exciting opportunity for an archivist to join their Cultural and Customer Services team based at the Tameside Local Studies and Archives Centre in Ashton-under-Lyne.
The post holder will be responsible for managing the Local Studies and Archive Service which collects, conserves, interprets and records the local heritage of Tameside.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the operation and development of service delivery including working towards:
• Achieving/retaining Accreditation
• Providing advice and guidance to researchers and depositors/owners
• Provide volunteering opportunities
• Leading collections work including appraisal, accessioning and cataloguing
• Assisting with developing and delivering learning and outreach activities
• To generate and manage funding related to the development, promotion and delivery of the archive and local studies offer
• Co-ordinate and lead a dynamic interpretation and event programme, working with colleagues across Culture.
• Working as part of the Greater Manchester Archives and Local Studies Partnership
This post is a designated customer facing role under the fluency duty and requires a specified level of spoken English in the person specification
Closing date: 24th April 2018
Interviews: to be confirmed
For more information and details on how to apply visit the job page.