The Storybarn is a creative, interactive environment in which children can feel thoroughly alive and creative in the company of quality literature. We believe that books offer children a way to understand the world in which they live and the worlds inside themselves. The Reader exists to provide book-routes into this inner space, and to develop shared understandings of both it, and the outer world.
Training will be provided with space for creative adaptation of delivery for applicants to really make the role their own.
This role could be for you if you:
- Passionately believe in the value of reading
- Are flexible, enthusiastic and positive
- Are incredible outgoing and confident working with children and families
- Are Compassionate and creative
Based: Calderstones Park, Liverpool 18
Salary: £7.50 per hour
Reporting to: Calderstones Operations Manager
Hours: Zero Hours Contract (working pattern covers 09.00 – 19.00 hour, Monday to Sunday)
Duration: until 4 September 2017
- Inspiring young people to love reading and to feel confident and relaxed in the company of books
- Being a lively, engaging, enthusiastic presence in the Storybarn, to encourage children to engage as fully as possible with the experience
- Creating an exciting, stimulating environment in the Storybarn, to encourage children to make meaningful connections with the texts. This may involve using props such as puppets, musical instruments and other items to stimulate creative play
- Delivering curriculum-based workshops for school groups in the Storybarn
- Delivering Storybarn birthday parties
- Maintaining excellent customer service by providing a safe, friendly and vibrant environment for all visitors
- Upholding strict safeguarding policies.
- Selling tickets, merchandise and handling cash
- General housekeeping duties including opening/securing of premises
- Ensuring timely communication of relevant issues/updates to management team as required
- Promoting the experience
- Any other duties as required
How to Apply
Note: Please do not just send in a CV. We will only consider applications that adhere to the following process:
Download the full job description, application form and eqaulity and diversity monitoring form below.
Please complete the application form and submit a covering letter, explaining how you meet the requirements of this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your covering letter is an opportunity for you to include any additional information which could not be explained within the application form.
Deadline for applications: 9am on Thursday 25 May 2017. Applications arriving after 9am will not be considered. You will be notified if you are to be called for interview by 5pm on Tuesday 30 May 2017. If you have not heard from us by then, you have been unsuccessful. Volume of applications may make replies to everyone impossible.
Interviews will take place on Friday 2 June 2017 at The Coach House, Calderstones Park, L18 3JB.
You may be required to deliver a presentation or complete a task at the interview. If this is the case you will be informed of this when you are invited to interview.
Start Date: As soon as possible