Arts in Libraries
DEADLINE: 5th November 2019
Advisory Board Members Vacancies for St Helens Library Service’s Arts in Libraries Programme
St Helens Library Service was one of only six library services in the country to be awarded National Portfolio Organisation (NPO) status by Arts Council England in 2018 to continue to deliver its established and award-winning Arts in Libraries programme, Cultural Hubs.
St Helens Library Service is seeking a small number of Advisory Board members who are able to bring one or more of the following skillsets:
- Current/recent experience of diverse and exciting arts programming, with a particular interest in showcasing work in non-traditional arts spaces.
- Lived experience of disability and barriers to engaging in the arts.
- Developing and/or delivering digital arts.
- Current experience as an artist/practitioner to bring a perspective on the development needs for emerging artists (particularly St Helens-based artists).
- Experience of living/working in one of the deprived wards in St Helens, in order to bring ideas to engage residents from these communities.
- Delivering the arts within secondary education.
- Fundraising: individual and corporate giving and other options for a local authority-led organisation.
We are committed to broadening the diversity of our Advisory Board. Although we welcome all applications, the board is under-represented in relation to the profile of the borough and we would encourage people from the following areas of protected characteristic groups to consider applying:
LGBTQI, age (particularly under 26), ethnicity, disability and financial/economic barriers. We would particularly welcome applications from people from across these groups to bring a wider perspective to the development of our programme and engagement work.
The board has a strategic, non-executive function and Board membership is voluntary, although reasonable travel (and accommodation/subsistence for people travelling from further afield) will be reimbursed if required.
For the recruitment pack & for more information please click here – https://www.sthelens.gov.uk/culture-sport-leisure/arts-in-st-helens/arts-in-libraries/advisory-board/