Deadline: Thursday 31 March 2016.
The Challenge is a social integration charity that works to empower and engage young people in the community by running the government-endorsed National Citizen Service (NCS) programme.
We are currently looking for 200+ Practitioners to work with us next summer across North West England. Practitioners must have expertise in one or more of the following skills: art, drama, enterprise, media, music or photography.
Practitioners are responsible for leading skills sessions, over three days, to a team of twelve young people. The Practitioner then leads a visit to local community groups (including retirement homes and homeless centres) so that the young people can pass on their skills, culminating in a showcase performance.
This role is suitable for someone with experience of facilitating skills workshops with young people and working with community groups.
Suitable candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience of facilitation and leading workshops
- Experience of working with young people.
- A belief in the potential of young people and the ability to build a rapport with young people.
- Energy and enthusiasm to enable young people to use their skills to learn from their community.
- A willingness to take responsibility for delivering a challenging and safe experience for participants
- Experience of working with community groups
All roles are competitively paid and full training provided – covering both safeguarding and our skills curriculum.
Contracts are flexible and vary from 3 days to 10 weeks. We are also able to offer work in a variety of locations across North West (and elsewhere across the country).
APPLICATIONS OPEN ON 14TH DECEMBER and will be considered on a first-come-first serve basis.
Full job descriptions and access to our online application can be found at: http://www.ncsthechallenge.org/jobs/.
For more information, you can also contact Anna at email@example.com.