£46,709 per annum plus benefits including a final salary pension scheme, generous annual leave
8 Oct 2023
Contract: Permanent, working 35 hours per week (Arts Council also recognises the benefit of flexible working as a valued part of the way we work, and welcome applications from individuals who require flexibility)
Salary: £46,709 per annum plus benefits including a final salary pension scheme, generous annual leave, and flexible and hybrid working.
Location: Any Arts Council Office (London, Manchester, Newcastle, Leeds, Birmingham, Nottingham, Bristol, Brighton and Cambridge). (The role will be based at any of the office bases listed; however, we are operating a hybrid way of working and support our staff to make use of remote working options when combined with regular on-site contact days with other members if the team, normally 1-2 days a week)
An earlier version of this advert posted on Monday 11th September contained inaccuracies. This corrected version was posted on Friday 15th September. The Job Description is unchanged.
Arts Council England is looking for an experienced specialist in cultural property to join our Museums and Cultural Property team. This full-time Senior Manager, Cultural Property Policy Advice role offers an attractive salary and a generous benefits package.
The postholder will provide expert technical advice to ensure the effective implementation of the cultural property schemes which Arts Council operates on behalf of government. This is a varied and interesting role which requires an in depth understanding of the tax, legal and policy frameworks surrounding the export, sale and acquisition of UK cultural property, ultimately ensuring that unique and important collections are safeguarded and shared for the public to enjoy.
If you were already in this role, here are some of the areas you would have been working on:
- Providing leadership and guidance on cultural property policy areas linked to collections development and tax incentives, export controls and the Government Indemnity Scheme
- Providing expert knowledge on novel and contentious issues and cases
- Providing relevant support for the preparation of reports which demonstrate the performance and impact of cultural property schemes
To apply for this Senior Manager, Cultural Property Policy Advice role, you will require the following:
- In depth understanding of the policy, statutory, funding, and operational context in which the museum sector, international art market and heritage sector operate.
- Expert understanding and experience of UK Heritage and Taxation, developed through senior level experience within a relevant organisation.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with a confident, clear, and engaging manner at all levels.
- A collaborative ethos and ability to contribute to organisation-wide objectives and initiatives.
In return for your skill and commitment, you’ll receive a salary of £46,709. Arts Council England provides world-class benefits. Some, not all, of our benefits can be found below:
- A final salary pension scheme, 25 days plus bank holidays and annual winter closure (three days between Christmas and New Year) plus one additional day for each year of service up to 30 days
- We also offer a buy/sell annual leave option and flexible and hybrid working and well-being support.
- We also offer exclusive savings on the high street and online, as well as holidays, cinema tickets, gym membership, dining out and much more.
If you have queries about the role, or would like an informal conversation before applying, please contact email@example.com
Equality Diversity and Inclusion Statement: Arts Council are committed to building an inclusive employer and workplace and recruiting a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve. However, you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Arts Council.
If there are any adjustments that would help support you in your application, please do let us know when you apply. If you are disabled Evenbreak are able to provide support with your application, for further information please visit their website at here
Disabled, D/deaf and/or neurodivergent people and those from Black, Asian and Ethnically Diverse backgrounds are underrepresented in our workforce so we particularly encourage applications from people in these groups.
Arts Council offers a range of benefits to our employees including hybrid and flexible working, a generous annual leave allowance and the Arts Council Retirement Plan – a final salary scheme. To find out more, click here.
Please note that, we are currently consulting on our Staff Code of Ethics and changes which will avoid conflicts of interest. The changes would mean that employees of the Arts Council would not be able to receive an Arts Council grant, investment or loan funding – either in person, as a member of a partnership, or for any organisation they own. There are also limitations on board or CEO positions employees can hold in organisations we fund. For more information on this, please talk to the recruiting manager or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the job description please click here
To view the recruitment pack which outlines more details about working for Arts Council please click here
Job ref: MCP30
Closing date: Midnight Sunday 8th October 2023
1st Interviews: (virtual) Friday 20th October 2023
2nd Interviews: (virtual) Friday 27th October 2023
If you require any documentation in an alternative format, please contact email@example.com