Project Manager – Children and Young People, Writing on the Wall
- Closes 8th November 2019
- Type Full time
- Salary Paid (£20k-25k)
- Contact Emma Hulme email@example.com
To coordinate the development of Writing on the Wall’s work with children and young people, with specific reference to delivering WoW’s school-based Super Heroes: Words are our Power project, coordinating WoW’s new children and young people’s writing and literary festival, Scrawl on the Wall, and to be responsible for the general development of WoW’s work with children and young people.
- The strategic development of the Super Heroes project in conjunction with WoW’s Programme Manager, Co-Directors, staff and Trustees
- The creation and implementation of project activities, liaising with schools to create project delivery plans and schemes of work
- Coordinating the work of sessional writers and artists
- Ensuring all school children are fully engaged in the project activities.
- Overseeing the development of partnership working with schools, ensuring all schools’ work is developed in accordance with project plans and objectives
- Overseeing the creation and publishing of new work developed by pupils during the project
- To work closely with the project’s Independent Evaluator. This includes supervising the documentation of evaluation material and liaising with WoW’s Programme Manager and Independent Evaluator to ensure a successful ongoing evaluation
- Developing and coordinating public events, showcases and celebration events to ensure the recognition and long-term legacy of the project
- Day to day management of the project finances ensuring they remain within projected budgets
- To lead on the development of Scrawl on the Wall, WoW’s new Writing and Literary Festival for children and young people
- To lead on the implementation of WoW’s targets for Arts Award and Artsmark, and to ensure WoW becomes a leading centre for Artsmark and Arts Award in the Liverpool City Region.
- To support and liaise with WoW staff on all other projects and events, including WoWFest throughout May.
Deadline: Friday 8th November by 12 noon (applications arriving by post or email after this time will not be accepted)